Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    The way he can express his art and himself, the kind of human being he is, his methods of teaching, open mind for sure, and the list goes on, but its on you how you see your instructor and how he see you.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I don't think the merit of technical ability is just based on competition but I do agree with what louis is saying. We've heard Rickson voice how the sport of jiu jitsu has changed the tactic and principle a bit in todays jiu jitsu culture, and why he's an advocate for longer time limits to try and balance out stalling and advantage wins. For this reason I like the submission only rule set.

It's always inspiring to see your teacher go out there and put his technical abilities on the line, but there's alot of great instructors who do not compete.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    BJJ is NOT one size fits all, a great instructor teaches you HOW to learn, then helps you develop your own skill set that helps you best accomplish YOUR goals.

A winning team

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    A winning team
    Agreed

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Looking at the trainers ive had, i think you need ot first off have a passion. you need discipline and good structure to your class and good info/ techniques. teaching in a gym is a lot like teaching in a class imo. eddie for example is an amazing teacher. he is incredibly good at jiu jitsu and as far as i can tell he loves doing it. he has control over his classes and he shows the techniques in a controlled way, first presenting what to do then getting controlled practice and then free sparring to get the students to use it in full speed. a lot of the other trainers ive had do it similar to that. present practice performance.

what ive really found good for people is when they stick with one position for a longer amount of time. we had roughly a week on one set of moves in Hamburg, and magnus from sweden has been saying they do things like back mount for 6 weeks and atm half guard for 4 weeks etc. doing one thing for that long is amazing and its really when u start seeing improvement.

and be adaptable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12