Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio

Rousey vs. Carmouche - UFC 157

"The UFC women's division has its debut date. It will come on Feb. 23, 2013, when Ronda Rousey fights Liz Carmouche in the main event of UFC 157. The history-making show will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., ending years of long-held belief that the organization would never promote women's fights in the octagon."|

I'm pumped to see this go down! I love watching Rousey armbar everyone to death just as much as the next JJ lover but I have one question that I cannot answer after 20~ minutes of research...

How many rounds will this fight be and how long will each round last?

We have seen countless male fighters completely gas in the 25 minute, 5 round headlining/championship matches. In Strikeforce, I believe the women's MMA matches lasted for only 3, three minute rounds. The change to three or even five, 5 minute rounds would be a HUGE climb for these women. This is especially true for Rousey, whose fights have never left the first round!

Thoughts?

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Good point, i just assumed it would be 5X5. I would like to think it would be 5X5 min rounds, I'm sure women would want that too. Not that it matters, Rowdy, 1st round arm bar.

Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio
    I agree with all of it! Maybe she'll win by TKO just to mix things up.