Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Ill just give you a bit of my story, and hopefully you can find something in there thats useful. I was pretty much in the EXACT same situation as you are right now. I NEEDED a place to train, but there was nowhere around me (I was in ohio, and I was looking for a 10th planet gym). So after posting a thread on the forum, I got contacted by a couple instructors who offered me a gym. Long story short, I visited 10th planet Decatur and FELL IN LOVE. It was everything I was looking for. The only catch was.. I didnt have a job lined up, or "enough money" to make it. But after awhile I finally came to the decision.. If i was going to take this thing serious.. I needed to make sacrifices. So about 2 weeks ago I moved down here with no place to stay, no job, the couple friends i had who were going to split rent with me on an apt had withdrawn literally a day before my journey here. But still, I knew if i wanted it bad enough.. It HAD to work out. So I made the drive with just enough money to get here, and last a week. (Thats enough for food and gas, I still had to live in my van just to make ends meet) After that, I just had to believe it was going to work. Now that im here, Ive found a job, I just got paid today which will put me at enough to finally get a place.. And the 2 weeks ive been here have been INCREDIBLE. Not only have i learned a ton, but the people in the gym are already like a family. Its very easy to tell yourself "I just cant do it because of (insert excuse here)".. But trust me, if you are willing to do whatever it takes, its definitely worth going for it. I would suggest making whatever changes you need to make as soon as possible. If you need to move, move. Dont wait around for everything to be perfect or it may never happen. Its always a weird feeling jumping into something hoping it works out.. But if you are willing to do whatever it takes.. (I had filled out 15 applications the first couple days i got here, and lived off tuna until i found a job).. It will work out. And it will feel SO much better once you know you are where you are supposed to be. (even if youre living in a van :P) So my vote is go where you feel is calling you.. And trust that you have the wit/motivation to make it happen. (And this is just a guess, but the 10th planet family is close enough that you might even be able to talk to some of the people at the gym and see if any of them could help you find a job in the area. It helps to have connections) But yeah, thats just me.. Do whatever you feel makes you happiest.. just make sure you dont end up settling on getting caught in an endless loop, stuck somewhere you know you dont want to be.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    When I moved up to Humboldt from Yosemite I lived in a tent at a State park campsite and ate soups. Got up everyday put on my nice clothes and and hit the town looking for work. Economy was better then though. Best of Luck!

My dad always said , When the goin' gets tough the tough get goin'. Its kinda been my life-long mantra.

Array

School
    Edmonton BJJ Club / Mundaruca BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, things are moving quickly towards the bottom of the commode. I fought on Nov 15th and lost in charlotte nc. I had no corner other than my roommate who is just a fan. No team No coaches no support.(my girl was in the crowd thats it) So i left Feks (where i was training) and on top of not having a job i now have no where to train. I've applied for everything and can't get an interview. I've tried temp services and they can't place me. I'm really against the ropes right now, if anyone has tips tricks advice anything I'm happy and pleased to read it. I just need the fams help on this one.
    Come up to Canada. It is very easy to come up here to work now. Some oil companies even fly you home on your days off. Plenty of good training as well.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Damn bro, I'm sorry things are going rough that way. I'm not sure what I can do but if there's anything you need just let me know. You're always welcome in Tennessee!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Shit can be rough in your jj journey. I personally lived at the gym mon-sat for a year while my girls lived with family. Shit is tough out there just hang in there and whatever is supposed to happen will play out.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, things are moving quickly towards the bottom of the commode. I fought on Nov 15th and lost in charlotte nc. I had no corner other than my roommate who is just a fan. No team No coaches no support.(my girl was in the crowd thats it) So i left Feks (where i was training) and on top of not having a job i now have no where to train. I've applied for everything and can't get an interview. I've tried temp services and they can't place me. I'm really against the ropes right now, if anyone has tips tricks advice anything I'm happy and pleased to read it. I just need the fams help on this one.
    William, we could use a serious heavyweight down here. Plenty of jobs. Roommate options. Shoot me a private message.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm not gunna steal ya from any recruiters but you know you are always welcome here in the Roc.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Thanks guys I always knew ya'll had my back

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Just remember if things were better before, things can be better again. Stuff can unexpectedly change quickly

Not sure if you were wanting to go pro one day, but heavy weights are hard to find and do get paid more

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Just remember if things were better before, things can be better again. Stuff can unexpectedly change quickly

Not sure if you were wanting to go pro one day, but heavy weights are hard to find and do get paid more
    Want? there is no want only will be. brother lol thanks for the kind words i know it's a rough patch but its the roughest i can remember.lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast