Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    For real man i have always have had real bad asthma i have lost about 60lbs in the last year when i was at my heaviest about 2 years ago i was 330 i feel so much better now than i did then 10p JJ and martial arts in general i think has saved my life i was having awful back pain knee pain and breathing problems. I weigh about 256 now but have also noticed that my body has changed as far as how lean i look and how strong i am. Cant wait to drop another 30lbs and get stronger

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    Great job stepping in there. Look forward to hearing about your progression

Array

School

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ok big dog heres some pointers:

Footwork:

1)Always stay in your stance
    2) Circle away from the power hand, not towards it. (both shots that dropped you were because you circled into his power hand) General room of thumb circle to the right, unless he's a southpaw.
    3)While circling don't cross your feet, shuffle in your stance (always been in your stance, its okay to go wider than recover while your movine, never narrow then recover.)
    4) As you allready mentioned, step in on your punches. You landed a few very clean punches in the first round that if you stepped in on you coulda put a serious hurtin on him.

Footwork is the path to striking success, or the root to all failure.

Conditioning:
    Conditioning needs work, also don't diet, change your lifestle and eating habits. Make it all the time, not just went you are preparing for a fight.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Champion advice. I love the tip about circling. I never thought about it that way, avoiding the power hand.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Champion advice. I love the tip about circling. I never thought about it that way, avoiding the power hand.
    Basic of stand up! I think Joe Rogan might have mentioned it a few times during fights as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Mind you I've never fought an MMA fight so don't take my word for it, but from what I saw The best thing I can offer you, is enter the clinch and work on your dirty boxing up against the cage. You're a big guy and can really put a hurting on someone if you just grind them out, and if thats not working maybe take it to the ground. Otherwise you didn't look bad, he tagged you with some good ones, but you tagged him too.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Basic of stand up! I think Joe Rogan might have mentioned it a few times during fights as well.
    Don't forget I have been sitting on my ass for 15 years and not watching UFC during that time either. My only past experience with contact fighting was ITF and WTF TaeKwonDo tournaments. (Primarily kicking)
    I've just recently started watching fights again.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Thank you Coach Zog means alot that you took the time to watch it for me.

To john yea i tried clinch once and felt he was way stronger than me and was worried about getting taken down or put into a bad spot from his clinch. everyone else thank you very much i had a lot of ring rust and kinda feel apart from what i know better than to do i have drilled proper circling a ton of times yet it all went out the window. also i usually kick a lot more i think i was so set on him being a wrestler i got one tracked and was just expecting a take down even when getting punched at. Its all back to the gym and gonna drop weight and keep working out and and drilling technique til i'm a machine

respect my man. Good for you. keep training, keep your spirits up. it is a journey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast