Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Does you son know he has a lot of supporters on this forum ? He's very fortunate to have had training with 10th Planet, Drysdale, and now Wand. It's a dirty world with teams like Mica. I hope students leave the team and make them realize their unfair practices.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    yes, he knows he has lots of supporters here, he appreciates all of your support.

he trains at 10th planet riverside and wand and loves them both.
    he is looking forward to meeting and training with eddie someday in the near future.

he is a up and coming star, keep a watch out for him at a tournament near you...

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Correia View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much hostility towards your system. I've been a 10th pjj advocate for a few years now and just recently decided to dive head first into training and attending what I can where I can living in eastern nc. Everyone I've run into who hates on 10th pjj can't say anything more on why they hate it so much other than eddies a fraud who got lucky once. It seems to me they are just hating because you decided to drop the gi so now they are really going into smear mode watching 10p wrecking all across the country.
    You cannot beat a Gracie at grappling if you are a fraud! People can think of all sorts of nonsense to justify hate.

In my opinion many people see evolution and change as a threat. This is because for some their ego and sense of self is tied into their particular way of doing things I.E using a Gi. Anything that portrays the Gi in a negative light will be seen as a threat and an attack on that persons sense of self and identity. Evolution is a natural thing in reponse in how to improve or do something better. We would never of had Brazilian Jiu-jitsu if the Gracies hadn't evolved what they were originally taught. From when I first heard the reason for the development of the no gi game it made perfect sense to me because I like to think I have an open mind and my ego is not tied down to anything in a delusional way. In fact it was an article about Wrestling and Jiu-jitsu that first brought 10th Planet to my attention and they recommended 10th Planet as a very effectiive way to learn Jiu-jitsu for MMA (currently trying to find the article again)

Fair play to Eddie for how he has dealt with all this animosity. Alot of people could have become very bitter and angry but he has stayed chilled out and remains a nice down to earth sort of guy. Testiment to his character.

I think alot of these haters are just close minded and very insecure so that it blinds them to obvious differences between Gi and no Gi.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    wow... is it that place on south fort apache?

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    Have you read eddie's books, and seen some of his youtube videos? Nothing against 10th planet or eddie but he's the stoner Jiu-Jitsu guru of 10th planet who promotes recreational MJ use. Now how can his thoughts on drug use not influence his students, especially the younger ones. He makes me want to start using again and I haven't used in years.
    If you are influenced by someone else's stance to "use" again after not having used in years then you should never leave your home because you are terribly weak minded.

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    hmm...is your son brazilian? is your vegas spot instructor brazilian? Like my instructor at Riverside Submission told me when I was not sure if I should leave my old gym. "you ain't brazilian and neither is your former coach...they're the only ones that should be tripping off of that"

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    And that was a Machado school? I can't judge without hearing both sides but I'm sorry for your son as it can be fun being kicked out of anything.
    but...that doesn't make any sense. Eddie's a machado black belt...uh..that's...ok...now I'm confused...

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    my son is portuguese, not brazilian (similar), the instructor was white but he follows the rules of his brazilian instructor.

it is a very immature thing to do especially to a kid.

my son is happier now anyway, he is free to use his 10th planet techniques with out criticism from the instructor (he would call it blubber guard) and say try it on me (meaning him the instructor).

yes it was the fort apache location with the instructor don.

here is the kicker, when my son was training at gracie baja in california the team mica instructor gave him credit for hours trained out of town. but when he started training at 10th planet that stopped and soon after the ultimatum came. (i dont know what caused the change of heart) we did absolutely nothing, we paid with no problems, my son is a good kid and never disrespected him or nothing.

we are over it now, my son got a good traditional jiu jitsu foundation there and now he is expanding his game. all i can say is, they better be teaching defenses of 10th planet jiu jitsu or they are in trouble at the tournaments.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345