Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Twister troubleshooting

cheers all !

Im writing to you guys to try and help improve my twister side, and twister transitions to the best one can do over an internet forum.Around here there is no 10thpjj school, although I train at a classic BJJ school, with a world class Brasilian coach, who is actually encouraging me to look into the 10p stuff, if it feels right for me, but cannot counsel me on it, since he says it outright that he does not know the system.

anyway....to the matter at hand

The number one problem I have currently, when in twister side control, of course with proper constant repositioning, ass off the ground, wide base and pressure, is people are hooking my "baiting" leg with ther bottom leg, not their top, which I am looking for to grapewine, grabbing the opposite leg and rolling over for the Truck.

Lets say im on the left side control, from the bottom guys perspective. My right leg is extended, base switched, left leg far back, left hand checking the knees and the righ arm at his far side. So guys are not rolling into me, but kinda just slightly turning into me, getting their left knee under my right leg (instead of me forcing their right leg over, hooking it), and dragging me into half guard. I dont mind half guard at all, since I love attacking from there, but I would really like to start working on the twist side and twister (with the truck of course)

I hope the description was understandable enough, so you guys can conjure up an advice for me on what to do to prevent this.

kind regards

vele.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Can u post some vids of u rolling, so that the belts here can help critique? I don't want to offer any advice right now as I'm a white and am still practicing my twister SC too, but some of the other blues, purples, etc here can try to see what they spot...

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by velebrzB View Post

I hope the description was understandable enough.
    Nope.

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    So the person on bottom is hooking your top leg with the leg they have closest to you?

hahahah rivers, good one. I will try to get some footage by the end of the week

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1193800/TSC_5.jpg

red guy turns to the right a bit and is hooking purples left leg with his right leg

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Fishnet.

I actually like fishnet to wrestler to the dodge. My memory may be faulty. Dodge is when you pull them on top right? My vocab is rusty.

Another bs thing I toy with to bait is to use your right leg to butterfly their right leg. Guys will feel that and want to use their other leg for some weird quarter guard.

Just some off the top suggestions of what I've done in the past to make it work.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    By the way, your right leg should not be extended. Tsc is not reverse judo side. Your knee should be to their hip, but your leg should be bent. And always back dat ass up. Keep the small of your back on their face, hip on their bicep.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    From what I gather from your description, it sounds like you aren't keeping enough pressure to the ground with your bottom leg. He shouldn't be sliding underneath your bottom leg ever. You're gonna get flipped.

Post a quick video of what you're doing. Just some positional sparring. We will pick it apart for you. Too hard to tell from your description.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    From your description plus pic… I say bottom knee glued to the mat with the foot angled more in would help solve your problems if they are just scooping your bottom foot. You need that knee glued to the mat anyway so you don’t get the twister flipped on you…

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yup. Get that knee down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast