Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    They weren't many jj focused fighters there anyway. It would be frustrating to teach techs that aren't being used.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    That's my theory too. Lotta big egos with a lot of "I know what works" type mentalities. It's the same thing that cost BJ his belt. He got rid of the Marinovitch's because they pushed him. Shogun is not at his best because he likes to head up his own camps. Now, in the interview they're saying, "oh we don't need a head coach. Everyone knows what they need so that what they train. ".
    Shogun has been working with Freddie Roach, who says that he didn't know how to properly throw a punch when he got there. Now, Roach says he's "punching like crazy". And no, he doesn't need to hype Shogun as a fighter, when he worked with GSP he never said he was a hard puncher, he said "I believe punchers are born, not made." So at least Shogun is branching out to improve his boxing game, albeit late in his career.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Now, in the interview they're saying, "oh we don't need a head coach. Everyone knows what they need so that what they train. ".
    I think that alone is a formula for failure or at least a major lack of progress in the team... I agree, ego's seem to be the cause for alot of this....

Egos... Confidence is the food of the wiseman, and the liqour of the fool....

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    I think that alone is a formula for failure or at least a major lack of progress in the team... I agree, ego's seem to be the cause for alot of this....

Egos... Confidence is the food of the wiseman, and the liqour of the fool....
    Yeeeaah I cant see blackzillians lasting much longer with that kind of mentality
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    That's what happens when you have more corporate sponsors early in your school development than heart. Can't blame JACO, but if it wasn't for their money there wouldn't have been a Blackzillians.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    I work down in South Florida and most of them are regulars at the night clubs. Nightclubs, drinking and MMA arent a good combo IMHO
    Basically the Blackzilians are the Black/Brazilian version of Team Hammerhouse, another notorious team that drank at night clubs, try to get by on raw talent (and steroids), often took some pretty savage beatings and had these egos fabricated by amazing records like 17-17...the only difference with the BlackZilians is they get torheir beer paid for
    By their JACO sponsorships.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    Shogun has been working with Freddie Roach, who says that he didn't know how to properly throw a punch when he got there. Now, Roach says he's "punching like crazy". And no, he doesn't need to hype Shogun as a fighter, when he worked with GSP he never said he was a hard puncher, he said "I believe punchers are born, not made." So at least Shogun is branching out to improve his boxing game, albeit late in his career.
    Oh really? That's friggin awesome. Late in his career, yeah, but he's still pretty young!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12