Thread: flower sweep

flower sweep

Anyone else having any success using this in training? ive been pulling it off in my last few training sessions got to get the reps in but it been a great sweep for me as of late wondering if anyone else was using it or trying it out
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    The first part, where he breaks the posture and ends up with his left leg across the shoulder, looks like a good entry into New York.

That was interesting. I have never done it that way, and was taught a different method (capturing the wrist on the sweep side as I turn, rather than leaving the post arm as the last thing to secure) but I like the way he did that, and I am going to try it his way for a while.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Hey Guys
    I have several videos from Vinny coming over the next while. His flower sweep set ups are GOOD. Next video is the heel hook sweep...kinda like old school ;-)
    Enjoy!
    Ari
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

thanks for the info Ari, ive been following for a while on Youtube cant wait to see more videos
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I love the flower sweep. I hit it as often as I can
    #10thplanetFREAKS