Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

Kids MMA Tournaments

Looking for some help finding a kids MMA tournament someplace on the East Coast. I know they have them, because I have watched everyone ever posted on the internet.lol.

I'm ready !!!!! I want to throw down, but I can't find a tournament. My dads cool with it, if I can find one as close as what we travel for Naga. I was invited to the Tiger Balm Open and was pumped !!!!! Until my dad showed me on a map it was on the other coast of Canada. A 53 hour road trip.......shot that down.lol.

I don't want to sound cocky but I have watched every match of kids my age that are on the net, and I don't think any of them could hang with me longer that 45 seconds. I want to get out there in the MMA world and show everyone what I can do, flying the 10th planet flag the whole time.

So if anyone has any info ......please pass it on to me.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array

School
    lost
    After watching a bunch of youtube vids it looks like there'll be kids division in the UFC soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I'm looking for a babies tourney. 2 and under : )

Array

School
    I'm in.....I'll smash a 2 year old !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    Settle down kid, just learn the stuff right now. Worry about competing later (well jiu jitsu competitions are ok, but not MMA competitions for god's sake). On the other hand, I suppose it depends on how old you are. I wouldn't be so opposed to seeing 16 year olds fighting amateur MMA, provided they have head gear and leg pads and bigger gloves (maybe 6oz or something).

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Daly View Post
    Settle down kid, just learn the stuff right now. Worry about competing later (well jiu jitsu competitions are ok, but not MMA competitions for god's sake). On the other hand, I suppose it depends on how old you are. I wouldn't be so opposed to seeing 16 year olds fighting amateur MMA, provided they have head gear and leg pads and bigger gloves (maybe 6oz or something).
    Hes 12 and if you read the part where he said his father is ok with it that kind of makes your opinion insulting by contradicting his father.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Really ? Joking ? Would it be insulting if the father was ok with an 8 year old son competing in mma ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Hes 12 and if you read the part where he said his father is ok with it that kind of makes your opinion insulting by contradicting his father.
    You are right.. his opinion could be considered insulting to his father but he has a right to his opinion and his father is probably confident in his judgement and will not be bothered by what others say.

Personally I believe fighting at even 16 would be too young.. where I draw the line, I don't know.

Array

School
    Relax guys !!!!lol. I have grown up around this. My dad is the former mid-west kickboxing champion and martial arts instructor as well as a boxing coach. I took the silver gloves championship at 9. He has watched me throwdown boxing, kickboxing to many times to count. I always have an edge over whoever I face because I trust my training and also knowing he's in my corner. He would never let me get hurt. I have played football for 6 years......way more danger of getting hurt there. I blew my ankel apart three years ago and was in a cast for 8 weeks, no one blinked an eye. I go to school with 1 black eye from boxing people lose there minds.lol.

You guys act like I'm trying to invent kids mma, so I can go pound someone.lol. Its already out there, I'm just looking for some tournament locations.

And yes the ones out there work for safty. Shin guards, head gear, gloves, cup, mouthguard, No elbows or knees. Limited strikes to the head. Like I said, Ive watched the video. I have taken way more punishment boxing, They start kids competeing at 6 in that....

Array

School
    Home

This was at my tourney. the kid in red was a little monster

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast