Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    This is fun. Elbow detail pretty crucial. Destroyed whites and blues but no upper belts yet. But I let the lower belts pass and work. The higher belts I'm still not letting pass and their pressure is pretty intense if they do. I'm gonna keep developing it. Thanks man.
    Without the elbow, it is almost pointless. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I'll try get some really detailed footage and application of the elbow prop this weekend. And the counters to their counters.

thanks for the video, I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow

I was wondering, with a strong guy, will you need to pop a few times possibly to get that elbow in?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So I originally watched this on my phone so I didnt understand what you were saying about the elbow in or some of the fine details in the video. Thats a great detail. Ill have to play with this a bit.

Now that youre pretty good at it, do you just bait guys into passing your guard just to work this game or is it just a plan B in case a guy does get passed your guard?
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 06-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Looks good to me. I think it will take me a lot of drilling because I'm a noob, especially with the back take, but looks good.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Ok, this is legit. But people get hip really quick. No danger in comboing or even using to replace guard. If you get it, awesome. But yes, they can hip switch. When you trapped the arm and pinned the elbow enough, it's a telegraph. But definitely there if you catch em sleepin.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Never thought about that armbar.. But then again, I'm not really good at bjj. I'm a bit shocked. So you can flip him from there and get the armbar.. (Why I never think of this) You have long legs tho. I've never hit that damn reverse triangle, I can't even get it on thight when drilling it. I have midget legs, so I don't think it's for me. (small person legs, sorry)

I liked the strength training for subs you showed in those previous videos. I used to do slow motion kicking with ankle weights before, and people thought it was super silly. The funny thing is; Pro K1 fighters used the same techniques, either ankle weights, rubber bands, or plain slow motion kicking to develop power and speed. It's the same principle that is used in the triangle vids you show.

My escape from underneath side control is Hookshot/bridge with underhook. Good luck stopping that. My treetrunks just explode when doing that shit. *Boom*
    (Only it haven't been working that well lately, because people have become hip to it) :'(

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    First time I ever saw that armbar option was from cyborg. The elbow detail changes the game. I'm also finding that if you start the reguard as soon as you pop, percentages go through the roof. Even on guys expecting it. This was a really cool detail.

The game we are working from this right now is, frame, pop to elbow frame while starting reguard, failed reguard to undertook escape to outside knee trip. Strong whizzers are creating the path to the trip. There is all the dog fight stuffs of course. If you are fishing the underhook, reguard leads to prison guard, opponents hip switch leads to underhook escape from scarf (or in some cases the back).

I would love to hear the paths you guys are developing from here. Maybe we can keep this thread going and find some really cool options with one another.

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by ern View Post
    thanks for the video, I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow

I was wondering, with a strong guy, will you need to pop a few times possibly to get that elbow in?
    With a strong guy, the key is first (or simultaneously) breaking head and arm control.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    So I originally watched this on my phone so I didnt understand what you were saying about the elbow in or some of the fine details in the video. Thats a great detail. Ill have to play with this a bit.

Now that youre pretty good at it, do you just bait guys into passing your guard just to work this game or is it just a plan B in case a guy does get passed your guard?
    My guard is very hard to pass (unless you have a very good leg drag pass and tree trunk legs), so I'll usually just start from bottom side. I sound like a huge douche saying that, but I have been hopelessly obsessed with guard since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Ok, this is legit. But people get hip really quick. No danger in comboing or even using to replace guard. If you get it, awesome. But yes, they can hip switch. When you trapped the arm and pinned the elbow enough, it's a telegraph. But definitely there if you catch em sleepin.
    I find that once the elbow is in, replacing guard is about 98% yours to take. And yeah, people catch on, but you have a speed advantage there, and if you miss the armbar, you can literally fall into guard. I'll also post video of countering the switch. Its really only a problem before your elbow is in, but it will definitely fuck up your plans if you telegraph and he hip switches before you get the elbow in.

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    First time I ever saw that armbar option was from cyborg. The elbow detail changes the game. I'm also finding that if you start the reguard as soon as you pop, percentages go through the roof. Even on guys expecting it. This was a really cool detail.

The game we are working from this right now is, frame, pop to elbow frame while starting reguard, failed reguard to undertook escape to outside knee trip. Strong whizzers are creating the path to the trip. There is all the dog fight stuffs of course. If you are fishing the underhook, reguard leads to prison guard, opponents hip switch leads to underhook escape from scarf (or in some cases the back).

I would love to hear the paths you guys are developing from here. Maybe we can keep this thread going and find some really cool options with one another.
    All of my guard paths lead me to a a perpendicularly positioned hybrid of a pyramid and william's guard, with shin and arm control on the far bicep. I am painfully obsessed with this position. I'll post a video of it when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    Never thought about that armbar.. But then again, I'm not really good at bjj. I'm a bit shocked. So you can flip him from there and get the armbar.. (Why I never think of this) You have long legs tho. I've never hit that damn reverse triangle, I can't even get it on thight when drilling it. I have midget legs, so I don't think it's for me. (small person legs, sorry) :'(
    I find, on a reverse triangle, that if I dont control the trapped arm, there is noway in hell I can finish it. Keeping his hips away from you with a posting arm helps a lot as well. Getting triangled by tree trunk legs sucks. Its harded for you to close the triangle, but it really sucks for the other guy if you get a good lock on.

I'm really happy you guys are enjoying it. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.
    Last edited by RJ Encizo; 06-05-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Doesn't sound douchey at all to me. Ive already brought up the example of Telles and him turning the Turtle into the Turtle Guard. Why not have an offensive position from bottom side. Guys def arent going to expect it unless they know you. I think you're on to something and I'm def going to play with it when I get a chance.

Would love to see some of your free rolls using this type of game.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Would love to see some of you free rolls using this type of game.
    Yup. Kill in comp before you post is a general rule. I looked for tournie footage as well. Got any?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast