Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hvyweight Moves

Array

School
    Central Illinois Combat Club

Hvyweight Moves

What jiu-jitsu techniques work best for hvy weight fighters in your opinion? I am a flexable hvyweight but just came off a lower back injury a year ago and now find fighting off the back super hard. I have a decent top game but was wondering what the instructors focus on when training hvyweights. Thanks

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    The lockdown and dogfight transitions( e.g. Old School, Mechanic Sweep, The Boa, The Mookie to the Back, The 5-0 sweep, Electric Chair submission and transitions0 work best for me when I'm fighting off my back and I'm 215. How heavy you talkin'?

Your actual build I think plays a whole lot more into this than wt. Meaning are you long and tall, shorter and stockier, sort of in between, etc.

Unless you really bulge in the middle, those factors determine alot IMO.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    i'm 6'6" 240, on a good day, and have a lower back problems, but since Ive increased my stretching, my back doesn't bother me so much. I drill my half guard game with a student who is 6'4, 310, and is a power lifter, he's a beast so I've modified a couple of the sweeps. to accomodate his size and strength. just keep stretching and drilling and it will get better for you.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    So Frank... What do you do when your NOT training with the HULK. LOL That dude is massive! Keep reppin bro Good stuff

Array

School
    The half gaurd works the best for me also, dosent seem to gas out the lower back like full gaurd. I put on too much weight after my injury and now feel like im starting all over with any type of triangle setup or rubber gaurd. Slow but sure i guess

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    lockdown half, deep half, butterfly, and x
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Tight lockdown to keep his weight off my chest. The whip up is hard if the guy is heavy, but the boa works good. Old school bait and electric chair. I really jam my hand in his armpit and work the crescent with my legs to get him on the other side. I'm 215 and it has worked with guys a lot heavier.

Until recently, I was 330 lbs, and the lockdown was my goto. It is a wonderful position for a big guy; it takes advantage of your leg strength, it doesn't require flexibility, and it shuts down their movement.

Array

School
    Thanks for the reply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast