Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ

My 7 year old SON got detention for standing up to the class bully…

This was the second time BB (bully boy) had messed with Baby.

According to the school principal…

“Baby tackled another student and held him to the ground immobilizing his head in
    response to the student slapping Baby after Baby kicked him during the normal
    course of a soccer game.
    Both boys were counseled regarding appropriate behavior choices.
    Baby specifically
    about removing himself from the situation and seeking help rather than tackling.

Baby will miss 3 days of recess.
    Per ed code: Further occurrences of this behavior may result in suspension.”

I asked Baby if he had kicked BB, as his Principal had stated, and he said that he had NOT.
    He also mentioned that, actually, BB had kicked him.

On their first encounter, while in kindergarten, BB punched Baby, and made him cry.
    After that incident, while driving back home, we spoke about what had happened.
    I let Baby know that this kind of thing happens often, but not to ever be afraid.
    Instead, to make sure to react.

Here's what Baby said, about the second occasion BB had bullied him, and how he reacted...

Baby was caught off guard by the slap, but checked the kick with his forearms, he said the kid's kick was super slow, timed it and pushed it back. haha.
    After he checked the kick, he dropped down to a double leg, and immediately took side control. The bully tried to head butt him, so Baby isolated the kid's head, immobilizing him until he calmed down.
    I'm so proud of my son, he executed our game plan perfectly, and he demonstrated tremendous composure and restraint.
    BB was lucky Baby knows enough NOT to hurt other kids.

Baby has been training since he was 2 1/2 years old. He has trained in gymnastics, boxing, thai boxing, taekwondo, wrestling, and jiujitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    If you sons goes to the principle and says this boy slapped him will that boy be suspended from recess for 3 days?

Good for your son he delt with a bully. Its a good lesson for life, sometimes doing the right thing gets you in more trouble then doing nothing, but its always the right thing to stand up for your morals and then live with the consequences.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    meh,

i got kicked out of two daycares for fighting. It dosent mean shit, you just do the detention, go to the next school/daycare and wait for the next fight.

My dad taught me to fight not run to the teacher for help and thats what i did. If they want to punish him just remember, once you get your HS diploma nothing of that shit matters one bit.

Its cool you taught your kid to kindly restrain their enemies, my dad taught me ground and pound. First kid had to go to the hospital cause his nose wouldn't stop bleeding, mofo was about to knock down my little brothers milk crate fort, thats war.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    It's a technicality. They HAD to give some sort of punishment to show zero tolerance for "violence."

It's crazy how things are so different. I used to fight in school starting in kindergarten and only got in trouble once cuz I gave the kid a bloody nose. Now you can't even make lego guns without getting suspended.

But big props to your kid.

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    If you sons goes to the principle and says this boy slapped him will that boy be suspended from recess for 3 days?

Good for your son he delt with a bully. Its a good lesson for life, sometimes doing the right thing gets you in more trouble then doing nothing, but its always the right thing to stand up for your morals and then live with the consequences.
    The principal gave Baby 3 days detention during lunch, and BB got 7 days.

I have always told Baby, that if anyone EVER touches him in a threatening manner, he has every right to protect himself.
    And that I will always back him up, and defend him and his actions at school.

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    meh,

i got kicked out of two daycares for fighting. It dosent mean shit, you just do the detention, go to the next school/daycare and wait for the next fight.

My dad taught me to fight not run to the teacher for help and thats what i did. If they want to punish him just remember, once you get your HS diploma nothing of that shit matters one bit.

Its cool you taught your kid to kindly restrain their enemies, my dad taught me ground and pound. First kid had to go to the hospital cause his nose wouldn't stop bleeding, mofo was about to knock down my little brothers milk crate fort, thats war.
    This kid got off easy, Baby was attacked by another kid on another occasion.
    One of his "friends" tried to break his fingers, Baby said he had no time to think, and his arm just reacted.
    He said that, before he knew it, his right arm came up, and punched the kid in the mouth. Baby busted the kids mouth and was quickly released.
    I let him know I was proud of him.
    That he had done the right thing, it couldn't be helped, and that that it was what I would have done.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Kids are so mean now days. Good for you and Baby! I think as a kid you have to let the other kids know that you're not one to be messed with.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    I spoke with his 2nd grade teacher today...

She said Baby could not go around defending himself when people strike him. WTF?
    And, I don't mean World Taekwondo Federation. haha

She said, "if kids go around defending themselves, that would create many more problems. and we can't allow that."

Wow...
    I explained that, in the REAL WORLD, boys have to establish a pecking order.
    Otherwise, the fighting will continue to escalate. And BB will not stop his destructive behavior, unless someone puts him in his place.
    I let her know that I have taught Baby to control the other kid, and avoid hurting them.
    But, that he has the means to end the fight decisively.

She told me to talk to the principal, as it was her referral.

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Kids are so mean now days. Good for you and Baby! I think as a kid you have to let the other kids know that you're not one to be messed with.
    The crazy thing is that BAby is a small 7 year old. he is only 3'10" all of 40 pounds. The bully is at least 50 pounds, and a couple of inches taller. Baby is a popular little guy, girls fight over him, and other kids have actually said, "I wish i was you."

So I let him know he has a good life and that bullies come and go, and that this is why we train. For that one day you have some fool step up and test you.

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    It's a technicality. They HAD to give some sort of punishment to show zero tolerance for "violence."

It's crazy how things are so different. I used to fight in school starting in kindergarten and only got in trouble once cuz I gave the kid a bloody nose. Now you can't even make lego guns without getting suspended.

But big props to your kid.
    I already let him know that the 3rd time BB messes with him...

He needs to put him in his place, and that a couple of strikes would be in order. It's not up to me to safeguard the BB's safety.
    I don't like little guys getting hurt, but when you have it coming, it shouldn't be a surprise when someone returns the favor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast