Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    its guys like James that are true testament of how great Master Eddie system is. I mean without a true black belt guiding them, all they have is the MTS, DVD, and books to help them become killers on the mat, this is why I feel in love with the system in the first place. It shows me that anyone can do it, regardless if we are at a 10thplanet gym or not.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Look guys, Eddie got the Samurai off some kid who posted a video on the internet. What if that same kid had wanted to post the Samurai on our forum. But you guys say no because he's not a brown belt? That's ridiculous. The spirit of the rule is to discourage lower ranking affiliates and hotboxes from possibly posting less than stellar videos which could make 10th Planet look bad. The idea is that our guys should focus on making their Jiu Jitsu as solid as possible and competing rather than making names for themselves by posting instructional videos.
    Thanks for saying that Louis. I'm glad. I felt bad for liking the technique for a bit. Don't wanna offend anyone either way. Oss.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Look guys, Eddie got the Samurai off some kid who posted a video on the internet. What if that same kid had wanted to post the Samurai on our forum. But you guys say no because he's not a brown belt? That's ridiculous. The spirit of the rule is to discourage lower ranking affiliates and hotboxes from possibly posting less than stellar videos which could make 10th Planet look bad. The idea is that our guys should focus on making their Jiu Jitsu as solid as possible and competing rather than making names for themselves by posting instructional videos.
    Ok so Im confused is it a rule or is it a rule that is enforced at some higher beings discretion? To me it either is or isnt but hey Im just a lower ranking blue belt with a lowly hotbox. Oh Bruce, might wanna pick your 10P heros better lol, ever heard of Nathan Orchard?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    He's neither a moon or a hotbox. He's not subject to any official rules. Can't anyone pretty much post anything they want? I believe the rule is in place so lower ranked affiliates don't try to become internet sensations before paying their dues. However, it's entirely different if he is in the process of becoming an affiliate, in which case he should abide by the rules. Btw, I liked the video.
    Like the video or not, he is wearing a 10th Planet patch, which means he is misrepresenting the system by posting a technique Eddie hasn't approved of. To my knowledge he has inquired about the ranking process which would subject him to the rules. The Brown Belt rule isn't only about people paying their dues its also about quality control. It limits people from posting techniques that haven't been approved and run through the vetting process. The rule was put in place because the system has caught heat for poorly thought out techniques in the past.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Ok so Im confused is it a rule or is it a rule that is enforced at some higher beings discretion? To me it either is or isnt but hey Im just a lower ranking blue belt with a lowly hotbox. Oh Bruce, might wanna pick your 10P heros better lol, ever heard of Nathan Orchard?
    Nathan is a killer also... You know i'm old and can't remember them all, but James and Elon are the two in my recent memories...LOL

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I didn't shit on his technique, he clearly asked for opinions in his post. I think there are better Black Belt master approved options and I usually fight from traditional to lockdown half and have no desire to go back to trad half once lockdown is acheived. I love the open format of 10th planet. I (and other) have posted videos before, and nobody has said anything to me about not being a brown, because I never teach in them. He should have just takin' some vid of him using it when rolling, posted the video and asked what people think. We all might give our 2 cents asked some questions and experiment with it a little. If Eddie sees it and likes it, he can contact poster for more details if needed.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    ok ok ok, here we go. brown belt rule is in place for situations just like this. this isn't a lockdown technique. its a trad. half tech for getting double unders. if you open up your legs while someone has head and arm, you are screwed. dominator and no hands passes all day for you. i feel that the rule should apply for ANYONE on the forum. ESPECIALLY white belts that don't train at official schools or hotboxes. the fact that this guy neither has rank or attends an official school should make him more than subject to this rule.

lets just be clear, head and arm control with good shoulder pressure and a strong no hands pass will kill trad. half all day. if you aren't whipping or putting in butterflies, that guard is toast.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I think James is just trying to contribute to the forum, remember sharing is caring... Some might find it useful as we all know there are many ways to do things in this sport and so happen he is just showing an option to get to where he wants to be. I've watched many videos that James shared in this forum and he knows what he is talking about. He competes regularly and proves that he is a force to be reckon with. James and Elon are 2 of my favorite 10thplanet ronins to watch, they rep 10thplanetJJ as hard as anyone of your guys. And please excuse James if he doesn't know the vid rule, but all he is doing is being a little scientist that Master Eddie spoke of many times over. He's contributing to the forum what works for him and he tested it out in competitions.
    Then He should just have posted a clip from a comp video where he used it effectively. Nobody would have mentioned the Brown belt thing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    If some blue belt dude training out of Gracie Barra wants to post a cool technique video on this forum, I wanna see it. If he's wearing 10th Planet shorts, even better. This is a Jiu Jitsu forum, not North Korea.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    If some blue belt dude training out of Gracie Barra wants to post a cool technique video on this forum, I wanna see it. If he's wearing 10th Planet shorts, even better. This is a Jiu Jitsu forum, not North Korea.
    One this day I would Loveto meet you and shake your hand

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast