Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do ya'll think is going to happen in the Silva/Weidman rematch?

Every time I watch this fight, I have more questions than answers. In the first round. Weidman got the takedown and was dominant from top half and open guard. If he wouldn't have given up position for the leg lock, I don't think Anderson would have been able to stand back up until the end of the round. Could Weidman have done significant damage? With that being said, the leg lock attempt looked proper. After the first takedown, Anderson seemed to stuff Weidman's take down attempts with relative ease. Also, Anderson looked significantly faster, but didn't really rock Weidman with anything. For the final punch of the fight, Anderson seemed like he was clowning when he got caught. But that punch was so dramatic, I was expecting Chris Tucker from Friday to jump out and say "you got knocked the fuck out!" Now these two have seen a little bit of each other's game. I really can't get a feel for how this match up is going to play out. I see nothing but a wide range of possibilities.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Weidman is gonna stick to the game plan this time and do what Chael did the first fight....Silva may have been clowning but Weidman caught him more than once, he started playing after feeling the power Weidman was throwing

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieVasquez View Post
    Weidman is gonna stick to the game plan this time and do what Chael did the first fight....Silva may have been clowning but Weidman caught him more than once, he started playing after feeling the power Weidman was throwing
    ya man. i remember watching and being very confident that silva started clowning when he realized that he really had his hands full with weidman and didn't have the same speed advantage he usually has.

- weidman's footwork was EXCELLENT, early you can see how well he cuts off anderson's movement in the octagon
    - got a relatively easy takedown
    - hit silva with serious punches
    - end went for semi-legit sub on his foot

i kind of think this is the first time anderson didn't have a huge attribute advantage (or style advantage) and chris caught him before he was able to adjust his tactics/strategy to counter weidman.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I think it's all a conspiracy, Anderson only lost to Chris Weidman so he can break another UFC record solidifying his bad assery by becoming the only 2x UFC Middleweight Champion. Food for thought

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I think Weidman is an advanced version of Chael with more discipline. If that was Weidman instead of Chael in the first fight, he would've made it to the bell, not gotten triangled with a simple pop triangle. If it was Weidman instead of Chael in the second fight, he wouldn't have thrown a spinning back fist and tripped.

Weidman is good enough on the ground to control that game and good enough on the feet to remain comfortable until he gets his moment to take it to the ground.

Of course this is MMA and anything can happen. Weidman can get too cocky in his stand up and try to stand again and get counter punch KO'd. But either way, I"m betting on Weidman.

Array

School
    Lock Haven University grappling club
    i like chris weidman a lot but for some reason I buy into Anderson when he says "I back bro. Trust me I back". I think Anderson will tko him but its a fight. Only one way to find out!

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Chris weidman submits silva in the next fight. His Jiu-Jitsu is retarded! He's my favorite fighter, and im super bias and i dont care. I think chris weidman beats silva, and he also beats gozilla. Weidman is the fucking man!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I kinda think Anderson will get the belt back. A motivated Anderson is a killer

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    i really think anderson messed up by almost giving away the first fight. what we all saw was a difference in 34 year olds taking swings at anderson, and someone with young man strength. silva should have beaten him then like matt hughes against gsp in their first fight. because now, anderson has his back against the wall, he has to beat chris. and the most dangerous thing weidman brings into the rematch is the experience and confidence knowing you already knocked out the greatest fighter of all time.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    It hurts me every time I watch that. Dude, nothing against Weidman, but I want silva to come back! Even if he doesn't, I will always be a fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast