Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what Eddie believes.

I was being a bit facetious in the title to this thread. I believe in creation as do 60% of the leading scientists that are published in peer reviewed journals among related disciplines such as physics, astronomy, genetics etc...

I posted this thread in opposition to high profile people who continuously state that evolution is a fact, when in fact, it is not.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by shellysummers View Post
    Your right, it is not a fact. THERE IS NO SUCH SCIENTIFIC TERM AS "FACT"! So you're are right and wrong at the same time. Congratulations! Where the frag do you get the 60% of scientist nonsense? I have heard that more than 70% of all scientist are atheist or agnostic. "heard over 80% but i prefer wiggle room". Now if you were to say that a recent poll of the ignorant right wing morons said they believe in a creation. Then yea, i can believe that. Of course most those participants would be meaning to say "I think god made the universe". When in reality creationist believe a literal translation of the bible. "The earth was built in 7 days, the universe is 6000-12000 years old." If you ask them that, then i believe that number drops like a stone!!!!!!

Evolution is a theory. Want to know another "theory" try gravity, time, strong and weak nuclear forces. I can go on and on about what is a "theory". In order to be a law, the portion of a theory that is a law has be be purely mathematically based.

Lets say tomorrow evolution were completely discredited. How do you prove creationism with the scientific method? You can't!! "god done it" is not how science works!!
    First, relax. Second, there's a ton of irony in your post. "Oh those guys are dumb and don't know facts and in response I will also prove that I don't know enough about the subject either." Third, how do you prove creationism with the scientific method? The same way that we "proved" the big bang and everything else. I don't know why that's such a problem.

Fact: Not all creationists believe in the bible. Christianity and creationism are separate. Many religions believe in creationism. And yet, creationist science and religion are still separate. In fact, not even all Christians believe in the literal 6 day theory (not 7 days). Learn what you're debating against before you try to respond. You'll save yourself the embarrassment.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by shellysummers View Post
    Your right, it is not a fact. THERE IS NO SUCH SCIENTIFIC TERM AS "FACT"! So you're are right and wrong at the same time. Congratulations! Where the frag do you get the 60% of scientist nonsense? I have heard that more than 70% of all scientist are atheist or agnostic. "heard over 80% but i prefer wiggle room". Now if you were to say that a recent poll of the ignorant right wing morons said they believe in a creation. Then yea, i can believe that. Of course most those participants would be meaning to say "I think god made the universe". When in reality creationist believe a literal translation of the bible. "The earth was built in 7 days, the universe is 6000-12000 years old." If you ask them that, then i believe that number drops like a stone!!!!!!

Evolution is a theory. Want to know another "theory" try gravity, time, strong and weak nuclear forces. I can go on and on about what is a "theory". In order to be a law, the portion of a theory that is a law has be be purely mathematically based.

Lets say tomorrow evolution were completely discredited. How do you prove creationism with the scientific method? You can't!! "god done it" is not how science works!!
    Ok... so the 60% was a generalization on my part so forgive me for that but that people in the video links above are leading scientists with doctorates in their respective fields that believe the proper interpretation of the scientific evidence supports creation rather than evolution of any kind whether cosmic, chemical, biological etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDy0vnP7VMQ

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Jason Im actually reading Darwins black box right now.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Jason Im actually reading Darwins black box right now.
    That's cool. Behe's work and the modern understanding of how complex 'simple cells' are is fascinating. Here's a more recent link to Behe talking about irreducible complexity.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...60444564,d.bGQ

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    good videos. i'm enjoying his perspective and his points

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Interesting stuff... I don't agree that our 'animal consciousness' creates space and time but I do believe that experiments have been repeated that demonstrate how matter's behavior can change when being observed by a conscious being.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yeah I found it to be an interesting theory. How to disprove such a notion, Im too dumb to do lol
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    This is funny: http://www.bvcsm.com/
    Even funnier is to call them up and pretend to be from a School that is looking to book a kids tour there. Lead them down the path a bit, then start asking if they have displays of the 'Terrible Lizards' eating women and children or of people 'Walking the Earth with Dinosaurs'. All sorts of fun to be had

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    This is funny: http://www.bvcsm.com/
    Even funnier is to call them up and pretend to be from a School that is looking to book a kids tour there. Lead them down the path a bit, then start asking if they have displays of the 'Terrible Lizards' eating women and children or of people 'Walking the Earth with Dinosaurs'. All sorts of fun to be had
    Dr. Mary Schweitzer discovers fresh blood cells in T-rex bones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpJ9R201vM

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast