Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grip Strength

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    My powerball came today. Kind if difficult to get the technique right at first but once you get it right it, dang son, my hands, fingers, forearms are hurting. So much more powerfull than it looks.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    watch the huper extension of the elbows, its bad for your joints, you're better off doing kneeling pushups with complete range of motion than doing pumps and extending your elbows like that. I'm just saying, its up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I usually take Cora to play at the park so she can climb poles and do monkey bars. But right now its summer and hot outside so while I'm building the monkey bars in the garage, this will have to do for now.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Is this the powerball u guys are talking about?
    $_12.JPG

Array

School
    Scottish hit Squad
    most of my grip training is from kettlebells and moving kegs at work

Array

School
    Training Station Manchester NH
    so i got one of those ball things. Im liking it so far.
    @DuaneBenton667

#10P603

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Wok restaurant. One year. :}

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I picked this bad-boy up yesterday. It only weighs about ten pounds by itself, but has a loop for my cable machine to clip onto, so I can use it for curls and single bent over rows and it makes them a living hell.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Sounds beastly to me
    13905.jpg

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    OK so the situation is, even though I have a gym and home, I tend to do ALL my lifting at work on my lunch breaks at the company gym. I do all my Cardio and BJJ on my own time.

I bought this Fatgripz that I showed you earlier in this thread. So I kept a spare pair of the blue Fatgripz at work in my locker. Never really used them consistently to be honest, but I used them once in a while. Friday I had to work and I hit the gym on my lunch. I purposely brought the Orange Fatgripz to work because they were just sitting at home literally collecting dust. I put them on the chin-up bar and intended to do four sets of ten.
    My grips started to fail on third set at 6, but I reset grips and forged ahead to complete my sets/reps.

I then put them on the Hammerstrength rowing machine and did some rows.

If DOMS is any indication of success, I would say I have had "Great success" [/borat voice] hitting the grip muslces that I haven't been hitting up until this point. The Fatgripz Extreme have my forearm muscles screaming for recovery, and I think I am going to have to incorporate those Orange bastards into every pull exercise I do now.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    If you can hang a large towel over a bar and do pull-ups holding both ends of the towel, it will definitely work your grips. I usually only do them at the end of a pullup workout. They will burn your forearms out for sure. Generally I do 10 supersets of 30 pushups with 12 pull-ups. Just do 10 rounds of that. I try and do the last 3 sets with the towel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345