Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Any videos of this 4/11 I've heard so much about?
    Lister talks about it in his KATCH DVD. I also tagged you in a video via Facebook of Tonon hitting it in competition.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    With all the honey hole love I figured this thread would be booming
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Some options to integrate for those that play 411:

Capoeira Quarter Guard Killers
    options
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    At the 3:15 Mark you'll see 2 10th Planet Rochester purple belts (Travis Rivers & Tom Carbone) batting it out in finals of the Good Fight Sub Only 200+ purple belt division. Travis goes for the capoeira cowboy to 411 to the Clover Leaf kneebar finish, that's from the Capoeira Quarter Guard Killer video above.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That's a great finish. Your cap quarter guard killer video is one of my favorites
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 11-01-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Nothing puts a smile on my face more than when someone feels a proper straight ankle lock for the first time. Heel hooks are a 2nd favorite followed by hand pressing foot flex. The Knee Knot is the ultimate control for leg locks, but I personally prefer the wedge.
    Herzog why do you prefer the wedge if you believe that the Knee Knot is a better control?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mayall View Post
    Herzog why do you prefer the wedge if you believe that the Knee Knot is a better control?
    With my bad hip, the battle to fight and maintain the Knee Knot can be a tad brutal on it, its not that I don't use it. I test the wedge first, which is high percentage for me all ready, so if I get the tap I can bypass the potential battle. If not I will suck it up and go for the knot.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    For your hip is it just something that is happening to your body or did you sustain an injury that led to it?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Degenerative disorder (they don't know if it was due to a disease because there is arthritis or over use) which led to a injury that caused a chronic dislocating hip, snapping hip syndrome, etc. The degeneration continues, I just trying to get the best mileage outta what I got left. I'm down to about 30% functionality with it now.

Which is all better than if I get the hip replacement the 2 doctors I went to wanted me to get.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Degenerative disorder (they don't know if it was due to a disease because there is arthritis or over use) which led to a injury that caused a chronic dislocating hip, snapping hip syndrome, etc. The degeneration continues, I just trying to get the best mileage outta what I got left. I'm down to about 30% functionality with it now.

Which is all better than if I get the hip replacement the 2 doctors I went to wanted me to get.
    Is there a point to where the hip replacement will be necessary? I couldn't imagine. Sounds very painful. Good thing approved medical marijuana in NY eh?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast