Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

10th Planet lacks Jiu Jitsu fundamentals and basics

Is something I've heard since the first day I trained 10th Planet. Ironically Royler (Master of Gracie Jiu Jujitsu basics and fundamentals) was controlled and flustered and had no answer by the most basic on 10th Planet skills sets.

Ohhhh today we just sit back and smile. Tomorrow we do it all over again.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I just posted that it's funny how a lot of haters talk shit about how horrible it is to use lockdown and it's ineffective / basicly a stall position yet royler couldn't stop the same sweep from lockdown 4 times. Hmmmmm

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    exactly.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    This whole "no fundamentals" complaint started bc dudes watched 10p techniques on the internet and books instead of going to an actual school, 10p or otherwise. Then they talk shit to their friends that actually train and get smashed while doing lockdown incorrectly and no clue how to properly implement rubber guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    A lot of haters tend to do 10th planet techniques incorrectly , specially the rubber guard. I think that's why they hate so much because when they do it, it is ineffective since they are skipping steps / missing key points.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by adlai View Post
    this whole "no fundamentals" complaint started bc dudes watched 10p techniques on the internet and books instead of going to an actual school, 10p or otherwise. Then they talk shit to their friends that actually train and get smashed while doing lockdown incorrectly and no clue how to properly implement rubber guard.
    this!!! ^^^
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlai View Post
    This whole "no fundamentals" complaint started bc dudes watched 10p techniques on the internet and books instead of going to an actual school, 10p or otherwise. Then they talk shit to their friends that actually train and get smashed while doing lockdown incorrectly and no clue how to properly implement rubber guard.
    Amen. Before I joined a hotbox I had no clue how complex and subtle things are in 10p. And what Herzog said about fundamental 10P techs, spot on. Lockdown is my home base. It has seriously accelerated my jiu jitsu learning. Having the ability to get to top position in a controlled manner, and then being able to pass easily off of the set ups from the sweeps, has made me able to hold my own against higher ranking opponents. It's such a confidence booster.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Is something I've heard since the first day I trained 10th Planet. Ironically Royler (Master of Gracie Jiu Jujitsu basics and fundamentals) was controlled and flustered and had no answer by the most basic on 10th Planet skills sets.

Ohhhh today we just sit back and smile. Tomorrow we do it all over again.
    people are blind. I got the same sweep on a purple the otherday, in a gi, and when i got side control he says "ok you got the sweep, what are you gonna do now" wtf, everyone assumes all we got is rubbergaurd, they assume we know nothing else. when in reality we do thier shit plus our shit plus zog shit. so i tapped him with an mmt style arm triangle lol.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    people are blind. I got the same sweep on a purple the otherday, in a gi, and when i got side control he says "ok you got the sweep, what are you gonna do now" wtf, everyone assumes all we got is rubbergaurd, they assume we know nothing else. when in reality we do thier shit plus our shit plus zog shit. so i tapped him with an mmt style arm triangle lol.
    Nice

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    On another message board I go to, everyone shits all over 10th planet. They're constantly shitting on lockdown, rubber guard, and you name it when it comes to 10th planet. So gratifying to see that Eddie's lockdown was untouchable and showed how effective it truly is. Was so stoked as it is trained 10th planet, and now I'm just that much more excited to train in a system that is innovative and ahead of the curve from the competition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast