Array

School
    Ronin

Gi Jiu Jitsu is better than no Jiu Jitsu

I keep hearing Eddie say this during podcasts, "Gi Jiu Jitsu is better than no jiu jitsu". Schools in my area don't offer fundamental no GI classes, so I'm always left with taking GI classes.

Thank you for the inspiration Eddie and thank you to all of 10th Planet for Mastering the System and helping spread your mission across the planet. After feeling the itch for too long I signed up for classes at a good GI school close to my house. I wish I could train at a 10th planet school (hopefully someday), but in the mean time I plan to be a 10th Planet Ronin and throw in some 10th Planet techniques during sparring.

I actually got someone in a Japanese necktie tonight, and after the tap my partner immediately asked what that move was. In response I told to him to go subscribe to Mastering The System

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Same here. I'm not against the gi, but I don't train mma for a living. I get to enjoy both gi and nogi so I can't complain. It'll help a lot if you find someone else who is 10P friendly at your gym so you can drill together or even just talk to someone who's familiar with the system.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    How far from 10p San Fran are you? (My only knowledge of Campbell is from rancid but I thought it was in/near San Francisco?)