Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    I agree a little...I don't even know how to respond to this.. It's like you responded while rapidly, scrolling up and down on the questions while throwing out assumptions at will. But I shall try...
    lol. Conversation on the internet is shady man. I wasn't sure what I was reading there. But it does kind of sound like you think the dude teaching you is irresponsible and maybe he should ask your advice about how to run an academy. I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    I think drilling is so important that the "3 reps per person" angle IS in fact, an irresponsible overlook. I have been in the shoes of the guy that hasn't drilled a single move for over a year (but rolled ), and I am currently in the "so many drills of one move that I can't feel my legs" setting. I know both sides of the line and I have to say. I sucked when I didn't drill man.

Rolling, IMO, is the funnest and enriching part of class, when the techniques are solid. I don't believe that 3x techniques will even stick with a person that session, let alone for the rest of their careers.
    I'm with you clear until the word irresponsible. You might as well say 'negligent' or 'incompetent.' Irresponsible!

Maybe I'm reading in too much, I don't know. Three times and move on, I wouldn't learn as well from that. Maybe.

Have you talked to your professor / coach about your thoughts on the matter?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tupper View Post
    Approach your rolling sessions with some sense of purpose. What technique are you going to work today?
    This. Precisely this. Beautifully this. I love this. Finally someone who understands me <3

I'm only just beginning to study 10th Planet, and people are getting pretty mad at me because "Why the fuck do you wanna play half-guard all the time? Damn, man, let's do something else".

I can't even get Old School right, and people keep asking. I keep telling them 'I need to work on some sweeps, man. And you're gonna encounter this in competition sooner or later...' Yeah.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    It's crazy how this is even a discussion.

Imagine if this was a boxing forum
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    Those would be some seriously brain damaged boxers. I think drilling is extremely important and find it difficult to get in as much as I would like too. People just don't generally want to drill, they want to roll. I've actually trained at another gym where they only drilled one or two techniques a few times, then they rolled. 90 minutes of three minute rounds, and that's how they would practice techniques. They were all super good. I'm sure there was more to the story, but I couldn't believe it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12