Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The legs ?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Interesting anecdote: I once had my LCL torn by a Gracie Barra purple belt, who yanked very hard on a heel hook, without time for me to tap. A few months later, apparently he had forgotten about this, he had the gumption to tell me that I was unqualified to perform leg locks because I was a white belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Leg Locks are for pussies!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    I seriously think I have a new bromance brewing with this intelligent sexual Tyranosaurus.
    I know right? He's like the Plato of 10P. Lol

Array

School
    KJJ
    We do all forms of leg locks at our gym except rolling ones + heel hooks, and yes it is odd to visit other gyms and see wide open toe holds and knee bars, totally undefended, even from higher belts - just because dudes just don't train it at those gyms.

What's more odd, is that at some of these "no leg locks" gyms, the way they rip away at sub attempts (as if every roll was the IBJJF World Championship Finals) - I actually find it a LOT more dangerous to roll there, than at my gym where we're constantly pulling off controlled leg locks.

It's all about the (let's not be asses and rip each others' limbs off) attitude, not the (type of) submission!

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I like pussy.

Array

School
    10WO
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I knew it!

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Thousands upon thousands of Russian children train leglocks from day-one in sambo, with very little injury, while the majority of injuries are incurred during throwing.

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I have felt the delicate tendons in my knees tear with a sound like a tree being uprooted. I could actually feel my LCL scrape across the bone as it twisted in an unnatural direction. I remember freezing, sitting motionless, staring at my outstretched leg expectantly, waiting for the pain to set in. There is always that gap in time between knowing you're hurt and feeling it. This happened while playing volleyball, of all things.

I've never had any problem with my knees due to leglocks, even though I've had some of the nastiest leg fetishists in the game twist my lower limbs into cartoon animal shapes. They're a part of the sport that should be embraced rather than feared; we only fear the unknown.

As with every other submission, white belts should learn not to just rip them, but to use controlled technique. They should learn when to tap and how to defend. Ignoring them will only make you vulnerable.
    Glorious post

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    I knew it!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

White belts aren't allowed to do leg locks at my gym due to their lack of knowledge in the complete bjj game. Blue and up leg locks are in but no finishing twisting locks. We say catch then release after 3 seconds and consider it a win or loss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast