Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotbox heads

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club

Hotbox heads

We all have read that Hotboxes are to teach the system for free/ not a cent earned from teaching the system.
    We have also all experienced a D-bag in the gym. Is it harder to keep D-bags out since its a free class? Do they leave easily if asked to leave? I'm asking because it seems like a tough situation to be in.

(Don't say that you guys beat the ego out of guys, I'm talking about douchebags that won't change)
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Training Station Manchester NH
    Wow just saw Schaub Run-Jitsu LOL
    @DuaneBenton667

#10P603

Array

School
    lol I try to change it daily to see if people notice.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    so far, I just let them tap me 10 times straight, then they think "I can tap the instructor, he has nothing to teach me" Then they fade quickly. It has happened a few times. Some have eventually figured it out and come back better prepared to learn. Option 2, Sometimes they don't leave but nobody wants to roll with them so they just sit against the wall like poindexter while everyone is having fun rolling. They get bored and leave and think we are all stuck up wimps that don't want to roll with him cause he is such a badass. Either way, they are gone. However, we have the luxury of being the only game in town and have a constant inflow of "nice" people who get it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    so far, I just let them tap me 10 times straight, then they think "I can tap the instructor, he has nothing to teach me" Then they fade quickly. It has happened a few times. Some have eventually figured it out and come back better prepared to learn. Option 2, Sometimes they don't leave but nobody wants to roll with them so they just sit against the wall like poindexter while everyone is having fun rolling. They get bored and leave and think we are all stuck up wimps that don't want to roll with him cause he is such a badass. Either way, they are gone. However, we have the luxury of being the only game in town and have a constant inflow of "nice" people who get it.
    Nice!
    I haven't thought of the tapping the instructor thing. It makes sense, I guess that when you're put in that position, you gotta get creative.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Every person that trains at the hotbox is a guest of another person that trains at the hotbox. Every person at the hotbox understands the rules and the expected mentality and behavior. If a person isn't on board, kick them the fugg out. Do not let negative people ruin valuable training time for those that deserve better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    How do you go about kicking them out. I know I could just yell and walk them out, but not everyone is a bouncer.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    This is gonna sound kinda smug. Just fuckin talk to the guy. Hotboxes are more like a crew/team or a club than a class. Its not a right, its a privilege. If a guy is gonna bring everyone else down, he's not called to train. Nobodies getting paid, so nothing is obligated. Whoever owns the mats, makes the rules? But we are at the point now that yes, if a guy is a d-bag, he could very well spend an hour in bottom knee on diaphragm by anyone of our members. But our hotbox is a bunch of bff's who enjoy trying to kill eachother.

How specifically is he being a dick? Dangerous? Obnoxious? Undermining?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    This is gonna sound kinda smug. Just fuckin talk to the guy. Hotboxes are more like a crew/team or a club than a class. Its not a right, its a privilege. If a guy is gonna bring everyone else down, he's not called to train. Nobodies getting paid, so nothing is obligated. Whoever owns the mats, makes the rules? But we are at the point now that yes, if a guy is a d-bag, he could very well spend an hour in bottom knee on diaphragm by anyone of our members. But our hotbox is a bunch of bff's who enjoy trying to kill eachother.

How specifically is he being a dick? Dangerous? Obnoxious? Undermining?
    All 3 in one. Drilling double legs while you're showing lockdown (undermining), cranking a toe hold he saw on a dean lister dvd yesterday (dangerous), asking, "yeah but can't the guy just push on the face and get away from that?" on a brand new technique (obnoxious)

I know you just answered my question (with a good answer too), but what if you're timid or like to avoid confrontation? I guess that's the point where you and your buddies in the HB smash him to pieces.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    When I ran my Hotbox in St Louis, everyone was either my friend or a student from a former 10P STL. I didn't accept new people unless I knew them or they were friends of a friend. There were 20-25 of us and we were like a family. All of us still train together. As a leader of a hotbox, it is up to u who to train and who not to train. U don't have to tolerate a Dbag, not like they are paying for classes anyways. Just tell that person that he is not welcomed to train at the Hotbox, that's all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast