Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Well that's funny because I've seen Blackbelt World Champion Jiu Jitsu guys get beat up in the cage . Its a fight. Technique is awesome but lets not be foolish to think superior strength doesn't mean anything in a real fight. Can she get him down. Maybe, we will never know.
    Was he beat up by a boxer? A guy with no takedown defense?
    She an olympic judoka at the same weight as the guy. the rules allows her to crawl over to him. How is she not going to get him down?

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Ummm, is Ronda going to fight a man? What is going on here? I am confused....

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    Ronda walks around at 150 and is strong as shit. IMO, Mayweather with no grappling or take down defense and he's swimming with a shark. It's a completely different game. Of course she's not as strong as a man, but I would put money on her in an mma fight.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Ummm, is Ronda going to fight a man? What is going on here? I am confused....
    I think Ronda said she could in an interview. Not completely sure about that...

Joe talked about this subject on the Tommy Toe Hold Show
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 04-18-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Weird. I don't think that's very fair to Mayweather, for Rogan to speculate like that and now the internet is abuzz with people talking about it as if it were a possibility.
    I feel like it kind of puts him in a spotlight he never asked for. I don;t know anything about him or his fighting, I am just saying it's weird how it's all being talked about now. (I googled it)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Weird. I don't think that's very fair to Mayweather, for Rogan to speculate like that and now the internet is abuzz with people talking about it as if it were a possibility.
    I feel like it kind of puts him in a spotlight he never asked for. I don;t know anything about him or his fighting, I am just saying it's weird how it's all being talked about now. (I googled it)
    he was convicted of assaulting his ex-wife. He is paid insane money so imo he can console himself with some of those millions.
    Im not sure joe was the one that brought it up he was asked on Sport Nation because a radio talk show host asked her recently. I think this is how it happened. Anyway seems like interesting (and yes pointless) topic.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    ronda wins in mma, ronda gets raped in boxing. even mma with the small gloves, i dont think mayweather would knock her out before she gets her hands on him. If it was tyson vs. ronda, or someone with 1 hit ko power id say in both theyd win. But mayweather beats you up for a whole fight, he's not a KO artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    I think Ronda said she could in an interview. Not completely sure about that...
    She didn't exactly say she could. The interviewer asked her, then she said she'd do an army crawl over to him and jokingly described what she'd do.

It's just at the start.

And then the internet got angry.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 04-18-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by George Katechis View Post
    ronda wins in mma, ronda gets raped in boxing. even mma with the small gloves, i dont think mayweather would knock her out before she gets her hands on him. If it was tyson vs. ronda, or someone with 1 hit ko power id say in both theyd win. But mayweather beats you up for a whole fight, he's not a KO artist.
    Yeah I think the speculation included, "if it was an MMA fight that were to happen tomorrow." I agree with this.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    if rhonda is kept at range floyd could get away with a win w/o knockout, he's super fast. he would have to unlearn the boxing clinch. and keep moving and at angles. would not be surprised if he was takendown he would be explosive in trying to get up, pure scramble freak out but it could work. ronda is probably stronger, judoka vs boxer no matter what gender the same weight, judodka is gonna be stronger, they use more of their body. rhonda can also probably take more damage than we seen she just hasnt caught an awesome asswhooping yet.so really imo its pretty even. no doubt rhonda would eat shots she never had before and floyd would be on his back at least once.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast