Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    If you look at what I have written above: I Bench, Squat and Deadlift on a weekly basis. I have a pretty decent Bench at about 1.5x my bodyweight (1RM). I will make sure someone is around to stop accidents, but I won't let someone touch the bar when I'm lifting. I see people with spotters who do 90% of the work for them and it's ridiculous. If you're benching a 5RM weight then you don't need to train to failure - that's a misconception. The only time you should ever need a spotter is when you are looking to fail (hypertrophy) or if you are testing your 1RM and you are nervous about whether you will be able to push it up. Even then though I'd prefer a safety bar to a spotter, personally.

Well, that's where communication would come in; telling said spot how 2 handle it. I hear ya on not touching bar(unless lifter says), but that would be in "regular" Bench Press. I'm talkin' bout resistance 4 Slow-Twitch 2 mimic rolling, being able 2 hold some1 off until a transition iz made; especially some1 that weighs more. I put hella weight on and bring down az slow az I can, exploding up(sometimes) meaning sometimes I use weight I can only bring down(az slowly az possible) and will need a spotter 2 lift up each time.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Po0...page&q&f=false

Array

School
    Ronin
    Following Louie Simmons's advice (in regards to training Matt Brown) I've added the following into my training with good results. You can either pepper them into your existing workouts or put them all together for a pretty brutal 45 minute workout.

Zercher Squats (work up to max)
    Sled Pulls 8-10 x 60yard Pulls
    Medicine Ball Overhead Throws (3 x length of your match)
    Grappling Dummy / Barrel Carries (3 x length of your match)
    Sled Pulls (3 x length of your match)

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Following Louie Simmons's advice (in regards to training Matt Brown) I've added the following into my training with good results. You can either pepper them into your existing workouts or put them all together for a pretty brutal 45 minute workout.

Zercher Squats (work up to max)
    Sled Pulls 8-10 x 60yard Pulls
    Medicine Ball Overhead Throws (3 x length of your match)
    Grappling Dummy / Barrel Carries (3 x length of your match)
    Sled Pulls (3 x length of your match)
    westside barbell is legit i love their methods

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by William Gunter View Post
    westside barbell is legit i love their methods
    You only have to look at the rise of Matt Brown to see the difference it 'can' make to certain fighters

Array

School
    10th planet chicago
    Idk the conversions, but I recently got involved with a strength and conditioning coach, and he's done wonders for all my lifts, through power, speed, explosiveness, and conditioning. Im benching 265lbs, front squatting 305lbs, back squatting 330lbs, and deadlift 400lbs. all while weighing about 215. I fight at 185lbs though. I'm also in the ass end of one of my weight cuts for my fight coming up this weekend, so im weighing 196lbs, and am still maxing those weights. now also keep into consideration that I only began lifting 6months ago. my cardio and strength are seemingly untouchable to other people my size and even bigger. and im also hanging and sometimes beating out the smaller guys in cardio. I also have the pleasure of rolling with the monsters in Chicago, where we do minimum 6min rolling, sometimes getting up to unlimited rolls, just keep going. I would definitely recommend people getting some S&C into their game, as I know it's helped me tremendously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12