Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you like bad food, easy women and expensive alcohol, you should also visit Finland. It's right next to Sweden and traveling here wouldn't cost much. My gym in the city of Tampere (mma team 300) is open for any 10P warriors if someone finds their way to this part of the world.
    On a side note: You should absolutely visit 10thplanet Stockholm. It's awesome gym and there is no other place where you would feel more welcome than there. Magnus and all the gringos are great people.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    You had me at easy women....
    Got room for one more?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You sluts.

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    I'm just gonna hang out here and get ideas for when I plan my trip out to Europe once I get my purple...

UK is definitely in the plans, maybe Sweden as well.

You should go see Ralf Warneking in Germany! I don't think he has an official 10th Planet school yet, but hit him up on Facebook. He is an amazing teacher and will show you all the tricks you need to make your opponents cry.

No suggestions for any places in Spain or France?

I will be in Paris and Rome this summer for a couple of weeks ...don't think I can wait that long to get back to the states and train. Any suggestions on great and friendly places to train in these cities?? I can't remember where I heard this from, but someone said the BJJ schools in Europe close down for the summer ...seems weird. Perhaps someone can shed some light?

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Quote Originally Posted by chris sanchez View Post
    I will be in Paris and Rome this summer for a couple of weeks ...don't think I can wait that long to get back to the states and train. Any suggestions on great and friendly places to train in these cities?? I can't remember where I heard this from, but someone said the BJJ schools in Europe close down for the summer ...seems weird. Perhaps someone can shed some light?

It's not weird--I lived and worked in France for 4 years--Europeans take their vacations super seriously, and a lot of them travel throughout the continent during their months-long (Months. Long.) summer break. I once found myself wandering around St. Sebastian on the Eastern coast of Spain during siesta hours during the summer and you could hear a pin drop, no one was around. I would definitely try to get in touch with these schools before you try to drop in on them during the summer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i can add my vouching power to magnus and the guys in stockholm, in summer its beautiful and in winter its just as beautiful but in a completly different way. magnus' jiu jitsu is more beautiful than both put together though. only his accent beats his jits.

birmingham is big money. theyre already making waves in england and i can only see them beginning. micks not actually human, he is a descendent of one the previously considered great ape species. he looks pretty human but id bet on him vs the us army any day. the system they have going in birmingham is super well structured and you wont meet a bunch of nicer brits than those who choke others.

i havent yet visited the other brits but ive heard only good things.

there are killers in bulgaria in the sofia hotbox. (chronic jiu jitsu posts here occasionally.) theyre known as twisted jiu jitsu and if i remember correctly they threw up some tenth planet respect while skydiving or something. not only that but they just had guys winning the euro champs i think.

ralf has just started up in berlin, i havnt trained with him personally but ive competed against the guys in berlin and trained with some of them a bit and theyre are a great sort. germans are always fun.

there is of course also the people that got me into tenth planet, tobi and verena in hamburg, germany. thyre working super hard on getting a moon reopened there and i can only say good things about them. tobi is a monster. he has great knowledge about everything tenth planet. when he did his affiliation video, eddie said it was top three he had ever seen at the time. (i think, dont quote me on this) aside from that hamburg is the party central of europe and is a must visit for anyone in europe.

I suggest trying to get to all of them but imo ralf, magnus and mick are musts, tobi, verena and the guys in bulgaria are very very highly recommended and i cant really give an opinion about the others but definitely worth a shot.

pretty sure 10th planet london is just starting up, london is a different world. always worth a week visit at least.

in conclusion, i hope you have about 3 months at least to spend. youll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    You had me at easy women....
    I know. That's probably the only reason to visit Finland, but what other reasons do you need.

Array

School
    Crazy Monkey Norge, Oslo, Norway
    And if you find yourself in Northern Europe, don't hesitate to visit Oslo, Norway. I don't have too much grappling to offer, but I have access to some nice wrestling mats, and we at Crazy Monkey Oslo are always down for some training. Will be home, and training, most of the summer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast