Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam

Choking with the Gi

What is everyones take on learning Gi chokes if your main focus in competion is NoGi. Do you think its worth your time learning them while traininig with the gi or would you rather focus on other submissions that dont require much use of the gi??

I just wanted everyones opinion if they feel it has helped there nogi game at all and what do you think about this Renato??

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Yes Nabil, yanking and pulling is better for your clinching and squeezing than clinching and squeezing
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Is nogi competition your main focus or your only focus?
    The Gi chokes obviously won't come into play in a nogi tourney but they may save your ass in a street fight one day...your call killer.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i have a question so if your using the gi why doesn't anyone use there belt to strangle people from back mount?

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    i have a question so if your using the gi why doesn't anyone use there belt to strangle people from back mount?
    Ummmm....cuz it's unrealistic to stop fighting for long enough to whip off your belt?
    ROFL!

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    Ummmm....cuz it's unrealistic to stop fighting for long enough to whip off your belt?
    ROFL!
    oh i thought if it was lose you could reach down with one hand and pull it off then thread it under the guys neck and choke him out.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    oh i thought if it was lose you could reach down with one hand and pull it off then thread it under the guys neck and choke him out.
    Oh my bad broseph I didn't realize that was a serious question. I've had guys try to hit weird sweeps on me by grabbing my belt between my legs from behind and other strangeness like that but as far as submitting with the belt I'm pretty positive that it's against tourney rules so most schools frown on it. I know it'll get ya a talking to at my gym.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    Oh my bad broseph I didn't realize that was a serious question. I've had guys try to hit weird sweeps on me by grabbing my belt between my legs from behind and other strangeness like that but as far as submitting with the belt I'm pretty positive that it's against tourney rules so most schools frown on it. I know it'll get ya a talking to at my gym.
    not that serious i was just thinking that the whole gi thing is silly why did they event it or where did it come from?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    You can't do it as it's an illegal technique.

NO-GI > Gi

Array

School
    10th planet phoenix
    Wtf!!!???? Another nabeel??!!! Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast