Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    haha. Bj penn it :P that would be fun to try to see if you could stay a white belt long enough to win some world class open division tournys lol.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    some martial arts earned bad reputation for giving out black belts easily (time spent at dojo)

tae kwon do is one of them

me being a tae kwon do black belt
    i would say that i would use maybe 3-4 kicks in a serious situation

most of these tae kwon do guys are going to be either REALLY GOOD or kind not that great
    lol

but jiu jitsu so far has been serious business(rolling around 10 months)

thats my 2 cents
    :-D

Array

School
    gracie barra belfast
    i am currently inhabiting,a small island called ireland in an even smaller city called belfast.

i've been i white belt for nearly 2 years now and although i'm hoping to get my blue in december, i wouldn't let it annoy me if i didn't, the reason being, that when i submit some of the blue belts at our club,it gives me a wee boost knowing that even though i don't have the belt i've still got the skills to take those boys down to china town, lol ,oh yeah.

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    At our club belts are only given out when our affiliate instructor (Luiz Claudio) comes by for seminars. So the seminar would be $90-$150 plus a $125 "testing fee". Stripes are free,but our instructor (brown belt) can not give out even stripes. Gotta go to the seminar. I think this sucks. I will train and compete as a white until someone makes me put on a blue.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Stachovak View Post
    At our club belts are only given out when our affiliate instructor (Luiz Claudio) comes by for seminars. So the seminar would be $90-$150 plus a $125 "testing fee". Stripes are free,but our instructor (brown belt) can not give out even stripes. Gotta go to the seminar. I think this sucks. I will train and compete as a white until someone makes me put on a blue.
    sounds pretty bs to me... what kind of school has a brown belt that can't even grade up his own students? is the seminar worth attending at least?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    The White Belt (Under Johnny Gui/Behring Jiu Jitsu) is the guy in MMA shorts. The BJJ blackbelt is the guy in the Gi pants. I know its MMA, but the White belt has a weeks standup training. Its a BJJ fight.

Every one has a plan till they get punched in the face.

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Being promoted too fast in BJJ seems like it could be a curse. Unlike many martial arts, you can go full force in BJJ, so everyone is forced to show their skill every day. If you are a blue or Purple and you are losing to white belts, it can be a blow to your ego.

I've found that purple belts that are really good, don't get really upset if I catch them. They also are always willing to roll with me. Purple and Blue belts that have questionable skills, avoid a lot of white belts that are close to moving up.

I've always suspicious of schools where the instructor doesn't roll.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i had this fat old bitch of a math teacher and she has several black belts and it just made me want to slap the bitch and see how legit they are.

chronic, I totally understand where your coming from, I can't speak on behalf of 10th p, but when i first started BJJ i was clueless as to where to go because i wanted someone who was interested in making me better and not interested in my sole money. Some places i went to actually allowed you to take belt tests every so many months. You not only had to pay for the test but you had to pay for the belt if you passed. Where i train i can HONESTLY say you earn your stripes and belts. Every place is different and i wish there was more honor in getting promoted, it's still a reward to earn belts but i feel some places just don't care about the growth of a student.

to add to this ^^^ from any videos or matches about 10p or its students, they earn there ranks, i'm impressed with alot of10p people wether its blue belt, black etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast