Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville

newb question about eddie and legends.

This may seem like a dumb question, so please excuse.

For those who are lucky enough to live in cali, in the 10thplanet area, and those that train at legends and have met / get to train under Eddie in person throughout the week, has anyone ever asked him for an autograph?

Know it seems like a odd question, but if I were to ever get the funds to visit california, I would S&^% a brick to meet eddie or get an autograph.

just wondering if its just another training day for people lucky enough or if its like a constant "awe" or Euphoria" to be training there, getting to talk to eddie or joe, etc.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    psst.. hey shannon.. over here.. I cant say this too loud.. bc i dont want people to hear me. But i am in the same boat.. To me he is the #1 jiujitsu practitioner in the world.. who could have VERY possibly just made the biggest change in jiujitsu since the gracies.. or even including the gracies for that matter.. but ive found that mentioning these things on here will quickly get you labeled a "nut-hugger".. and apparently they are fround upon (i learned the hard way).. so just do what i do.. pretend it isnt a big deal when he responds to you, just act cool. ;P

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    They banned the nuthugger guy.

Array

School
    lol nah no nut huggin here.
    just wondering if anyone ever gets that surreal feeling. Must be awesome to hang and train with eddie, definately seems cool and laid back, not the boastful instructor type.
    my professor is from brazil and is #8 for BJJ instructors, but if you didnt know better he seems like just an average guy, he never makes his status a point,boasts or anything. He's extremely passionate about BJJ and loves teaching it. I mean sure I get the thought (wow, my professor is one of the top ranked people in the entire world.)
    but at the same time, im aware of the rare opportunity I have. I know millions of people would kill to be in my shoes or anyone that trains with Eddie.

For those that train with Eddie, and myself having my professor, I'm sure its surreal at times but we are aware of the rare opportunity we have to have pretty much "legends" as instructors.

lol im sure theres guys that train under Eddie and are cool and calm on the outside but are flippin out inside going (HOLY ^&*% EDDIE BRAVO IS MY INSTRUCTOR! How many people can say they train under someone with that kind of status?)

Array

School
    :P cant even remember the nut hugger guys name.

but definately no nut huggin. just wondering what its like having eddie as an instructor, i know theres some people in the world that have amazing instructors that have made huge accomplishments but take their instructors for granted not knowing how many would kill to be in their shoes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    i think i would like go a lil crazy for a couple weeks and id def get him to autograph my books

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    I think if you love 10th planet in all its entirety for what it is an autograph really isnt that necessary. All it takes is to go to Legends and train for you to met Eddie. His ego is definately in check, a pretty grounded guy. IMO

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad Mckay View Post
    I think if you love 10th planet in all its entirety for what it is an autograph really isnt that necessary.. IMO
    Says the man with the display pic of him and eddie. lol.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I'd just like to smoke a bowl with the dude. That would cool!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I'd just like to smoke a bowl with the dude. That would cool!
    Very cool! He uses some strong shit, I was chonged off one hit!

First time I met Eddie in October 2008, I just gave him both my books and he signed them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast