10th Planet Freaks
    Beat me to it, thanks Jason.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Beat me to it, thanks Jason.
    No prob... Great job, I look forward to seeing you compete more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacl Dixon View Post
    Man, Geo was looking pissed as the match picked up with Glover. But then again, I would have a hard time resisting give Glover an open palm bitch slap for doing that kind of nonsense in a match.
    Glover means no disrespect, and I think people know that for the most part. The reason he does it is two fold. He's said that like it or hate it, he wants people to be entertained during his matches, and this event was for entertainment, so he wanted to put on a show. The other reason is that a lot of his attacks are based on blatantly giving things up like that. For example he has these flying 5050 heel hook entries when someone comes at him when his back is turned.

Bill Cooper does some similar stuff, but not as blatant. I've seen Cooper stick his head into a guillotine so that he can front flip pass a guard, or turn his back slightly when he's in someone's half guard so that he can set up a marce or darce when they try to shrimp out to take his back. Little stuff like that.

No matter what I know it will annoy some people, and there's been times where I wish Glover had played around less, like in his 2nd match with Caio Terra, but overall it works well with him. I've seen people say stuff like "Imagine how much better he'd be if he didn't play around" but I think the playing around is what sets up a lot of transitions and submissions for him.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Glover means no disrespect, and I think people know that for the most part. The reason he does it is two fold. He's said that like it or hate it, he wants people to be entertained during his matches, and this event was for entertainment, so he wanted to put on a show. The other reason is that a lot of his attacks are based on blatantly giving things up like that. For example he has these flying 5050 heel hook entries when someone comes at him when his back is turned.

Bill Cooper does some similar stuff, but not as blatant. I've seen Cooper stick his head into a guillotine so that he can front flip pass a guard, or turn his back slightly when he's in someone's half guard so that he can set up a marce or darce when they try to shrimp out to take his back. Little stuff like that.

No matter what I know it will annoy some people, and there's been times where I wish Glover had played around less, like in his 2nd match with Caio Terra, but overall it works well with him. I've seen people say stuff like "Imagine how much better he'd be if he didn't play around" but I think the playing around is what sets up a lot of transitions and submissions for him.

I've always felt this same way about Jeff
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    I've always felt this same way about Jeff
    I was a little bit surprised that Glover played so much guard during the match. I know he was going for leglocks all night and was crushing with them. But I don't know if I've ever seen him play double guard like that. I figured he would come up and work some passing or head hunting. Fun match to watch, he and Geo both looked really fucking good.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Thanks for posting the Vimeo hosted videos!! (Something I can actually see at work)
    Great stuff!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    Richie BOOGEYMAN Martinez vs Johnny DRAMA Morgan

http://youtu.be/M5g_Cty6g5w

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    My finish in the Simi finals
    http://instagram.com/p/oz-6zqqhEA/

Mikael Chay

Quote Originally Posted by Boogeyman_TFS View Post
    Richie BOOGEYMAN Martinez vs Johnny DRAMA Morgan

http://youtu.be/M5g_Cty6g5w
    You beast!!! Great match and awesome overall performance Boogey!!!
    Dude trying to use the handshake at the beginning to pull you down = not cool

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Thanks for posting Boogey.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast