Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Roberto Traven
    Thanks so much for the instructional! I've been trying to pull it off in class for awhile but my technique was way off.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Bookmarking.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Ben, quick question on hand positioning during Hindu Control...it looks like the back of your hand is against the neck to prep for the Hindulotine and at one point looked like the back of your hand went under Geo's armpit. Can you elaborate on the hand positioning a bit for us for the best control prior to submissions? Thanks again!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Evolution never dies :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Thank you for this. I was having trouble finishing it and I'm pretty sure that I figured out why.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    This got me curious. Definitely going to give it a try tonight
    Shawn Murphy - aka - Mr. Fantastic

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing Ben!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Hahaha Ben Eddy.......I was just blowin you up on a podcast bro. Congrats at EBI mate you're a star with that Hindu control.

I loved the editing and cross overs to the event footage. Super cool Ben.

Keep it rocking bro

Frank
    Awesome, thanks Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Oh shit! That's crazy. In the match at the EBI I thought you just used the rubber guard to set up the Marcelotine. I didn't realize that you were including your left leg in the choke. That shit is nuts. By the way Ben, were you trying to pull closed guard on that darce to finish from there earlier in that same match, when his head slipped out?
    Yes. When I felt that I wasn't going to finish the darce, I wanted to see if I could switch from darce to full guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post
    Awesome stuff ben!! Really simple, consice and effective combinations that are gonna cha ge the way people play rubber guard. Congrats man!

Question, did you say on another post that you popped your knee as someone was passing your guard? The exploded out of it right?
    Thanks!

Cant wait to start using this more... And finally, congrats on EBI!
    That was when I was using gun show control. Gun show does leave your knee out, so when you're in new jersey and they are passing, it's dangerous for your knee. I only play gun show in full guard now and if I'm in gun show and we go to new jersey then I switch to hindu control. Hindu control has no problems in new jersey though, it's actually more powerful there. But if you are feeling pressure, let it go, it's not worth hurting your knees over it. The general rule is to keep your knee closer to your chest then your foot. Moves become dangerous when you start pulling your foot to your body and you leave your knee out. You can do a little bit of this in full guard because you can control how much stretching is done, but when you open your guard you have no control over how much stretching they might add to what you're already doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    It's now on the competition bucket list. Gotta be awesome a move you've been developing is getting praise and used by the soldiers.
    Yea, it's a lot of fun watching others play with the move. But that's pretty typical for 10th planet, we're all constantly adding to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    Ben, quick question on hand positioning during Hindu Control...it looks like the back of your hand is against the neck to prep for the Hindulotine and at one point looked like the back of your hand went under Geo's armpit. Can you elaborate on the hand positioning a bit for us for the best control prior to submissions? Thanks again!
    Good question. So don't think of your hindu control hand as your choking hand, think of it as a jail bar you are placing on the side of his neck. You are using this arm to control and lock him in place. It's stopping him from being able to pass, pull out or posture. So keep it straight up and down like a jail bar right across his neck. Your free hand is the one that will come in and turn it into a choke. Just reach your free hand in and grab your hindu hand and then raise both elbows as high as you can. The most powerful grip is reverse gable, palm to palm, but realistically you can grab however much of your hand as you can and then just raise. I've even grabbed his blocking hand before and finished with it. When you raise both of your elbows, the choke happens pretty quick so you have a good amount of room for a loose grip. If he is defending the grip well though, that means his elbow is in and you can go to the triangle.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have never seen such a dominant and thorough introduction of a new position and submission. Youre like Rainman dude..

Orchard's reverse spiderweb is right there, but the way you came outta nowhere and busted open on the big stage is just bonkers.

Ima fan homie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I have never seen such a dominant and thorough introduction of a new position and submission. Youre like Rainman dude..

Orchard's reverse spiderweb is right there, but the way you came outta nowhere and busted open on the big stage is just bonkers.

Ima fan homie.
    Orchards reverse spider web is a full loop system. It's a 3 hour seminar worth of moves with even some mind bending references to sacred geometry. I'm just showing a single move, but I do appreciate the compliment.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast