Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    FTP! I personally have had cops shit on me by breaking the law, so I learned my constitutional rights and I say FTP!

Array

School
    GZ Fight Systems Bridgeport WV/Former10th Planet Morgantown
    Eisner, I was cool with the article you posted, just felt like asking opinions.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I say fuck the police

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club

"All disrespect intended to any lieutenant that feel offended by the way we represent it bitch"

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quinn View Post
    This post brings up a good question, How to do you guys feel about Police Officer being affilitated with 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu? I have been part of 10th Planet Morgantown for a little over a year now, been to eddie's seminars, even been to tournaments repping 10th Planet. Jiu Jitsu has helped me a lot in my line of work and I have subdued many people using just Jiu Jitsu and no "striking" type of arts. I have been a Police Officer for 5+ years now and have yet to be sued by anybody for anything on the "use of force" topic. I do agree there are Police that use too much force at times or are uneducated about how to use a certain technique. I am the only police officer in my area other than my training partner who is badly injured at this time that trains in Jiu Jitsu and MMA and my department has 40+ officers. I am curious also as to any other officers that may be at any other 10th Planet schools or are repping as an outsider? Also wanted to know how Eddie feels about Police being affiliated, since the subject rarely ever comes up. Give me some input guys.
    I've met a lot of cool police, but I've met far more shittier ones.

And old school retired police friend of mine gave me some insight about police which went something like: "Criminals and police are pretty much the same type of person, they just took different paths."

So, I guess on to the question. If they are using it to defend themselves in a "lawful" manner (meaning, would Joe Schmoe get away with doing the same thing in the same situation), I have no problem with it. If they are being forceful dicks, I hope they lose their jobs and get sued into bankruptcy.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    If you dont know your rights very well, I highly suggest researching over them. too many times i've watched the show cops and what not and when the police interigate their suspects, the suspects practicaly give themselves up.
    the constitution is a good guidline which also applies to your rights when dealing with law enforcement.

IE: if a cop were to randomly come to you on the street and ask for your I.D., technicaly you dont have to show them anything, if you dont want to talk to them or deal with them, you can simply say "am I being detained, or am I free to go?" the second they say no or your not being detained you can legaly walk away and they cant do anything about it.

If you are detained, you dont have to talk to them either, just simply say "I am choosing to remain silent and wish to see my lawyer."
    The 4th amendment comes into play when it comes to your car and home. if you are pulled over and think they may want to search your care, IF YOU HAVE ANY CONTRABAND KEEP IT OUT OF SIGHT.
    if they ask you to step out of your car, step out but lock the doors right away, if they ask what that was for, just say its out of habit. If they ask to search, just simply say "I do not conscent to any searches." if they search anyway without a warrant after you said you do not conscent, you can have them arrested for breaking and entering.

biggest thing to remember when dealing with law enforcement is the 4th and 5th amendment. Security of your own person, effects, papers etc. and no self incrimination. Police can and will lie to you, but do not be tricked into telling on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quinn View Post
    Eisner, I was cool with the article you posted, just felt like asking opinions.
    Cool man. I only wanted to be clear cause I honestly just didn't want you to feel alienated after reading your post.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    If you dont like the Police next time youre in trouble call a Crackhead

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    If you dont like the Police next time youre in trouble call a Crackhead
    generally, I handle my own problems.

Array

School