Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    What is fight pass?

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Mikael Chay

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    What is fight pass?
    UFC Fight Pass, I assume, since there's been talk recently about including future Metamoris events on it.

As for EBI, I'll state the obvious and say that it would be a good thing (particularly in terms of exposure if no other TV/network deal goes through) but I'd be worried about Eddie losing "artistic freedom" and brass meddling with the rules and setup. It all depends on the terms of the deal, I guess.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I was curious about EBI in general. How did it do? I know the event was action packed and made the worlds look like a joke but did they accomplish what they set out to do with the TV production?
    Regardless there needs to be a shit load more competitions like that, with that rules set. competitions that focus on just one rank at a time might even be pretty entertaining? "Whos the baddest Blue" etc.

Array

School
    St. Louis Area Ronin
    If this + metamoris happens...I might have to finally buy Fight Pass

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejerm View Post
    I was curious about EBI in general. How did it do? I know the event was action packed and made the worlds look like a joke but did they accomplish what they set out to do with the TV production?
    Regardless there needs to be a shit load more competitions like that, with that rules set. competitions that focus on just one rank at a time might even be pretty entertaining? "Whos the baddest Blue" etc.
    We're (the fans) waiting to see how it did. As far as the event itself, from what I've seen, it was a home run. But the goal was to get it on TV. So at this point, it's up to whoever makes these decisions to put it on TV. Worst case scenario, I can still see this format working to give us some extremely entertaining matches. I dont' think EBI is one and done if it doesn't make it to TV. We'll see.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Chay View Post
    I'd be worried about Eddie losing "artistic freedom" and brass meddling with the rules and setup. It all depends on the terms of the deal, I guess.
    +1

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Chay View Post
    UFC Fight Pass, I assume, since there's been talk recently about including future Metamoris events on it.

As for EBI, I'll state the obvious and say that it would be a good thing (particularly in terms of exposure if no other TV/network deal goes through) but I'd be worried about Eddie losing "artistic freedom" and brass meddling with the rules and setup. It all depends on the terms of the deal, I guess.
    According to Dana when they signed Invicta to Fight Pass the UFC agreed to only broadcast the events. The promotion and production are still being run by Invicta with little to no involvement from the UFC. Whether it stays that way remains to be seen

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    I hope a tv deal comes through.
    The internet is always there just in case and I think that format would work brilliantly.
    But if I can watch a competitive rock/ paper/ scissors event on ESPN why can't I watch Jiu Jitsu on TV.
    From what I've seen of the EBI footage and the use of the overtime rounds, Eddies event is surely the one to do it.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    That would be huge!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast