Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi guys, I am going to be in Raglan for 6 months, im looking for a trainer or a training partner, is there anyone who lives nearby? I am looking to pay for the sessions.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Sorry guys!
    Between weird as fuck "funny parenting videos" and the usual trolling garbage, I slowly drifted away from the forum. I'm still training and teaching pretty much everyday, focusing on optimizing/rehabbing my weak ass body LOL.

Got some big plans coming up for my family and me early next year which is sucking up tons of my free time but I always got time to help out my 10P family
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    Sorry guys!
    Between weird as fuck "funny parenting videos" and the usual trolling garbage, I slowly drifted away from the forum. I'm still training and teaching pretty much everyday, focusing on optimizing/rehabbing my weak ass body LOL.

Got some big plans coming up for my family and me early next year which is sucking up tons of my free time but I always got time to help out my 10P family
    Awesome to see your still going strong John! Keep on Keepin on!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Awesome to see your still going strong John! Keep on Keepin on!
    I'm going even stronger hahaha Thanks brah
    "Never go full retard"

I started this tread few month back. I finally had my first 10th planet jj session with John in hemilton. It was two hrs drive down south but it was well worth it. I have decieded to do this one a month. In those two hours I went through electric chair twister side control and rubber guard transition which was bit difficult.
    I am physically doing bjj but my heart stays with 10th planet grate that I have somewhere to learn the and place to practice as my bjj gym its bit difficult still peoples ego is there and I had to slap on 10th planet sub like undercover but good think is my instructor don't put much attention to me as I am white belt so I have avoided truble so far.
    10th planet to go
    from happy ailian

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by shin80 View Post
    I started this tread few month back. I finally had my first 10th planet jj session with John in hemilton. It was two hrs drive down south but it was well worth it. I have decieded to do this one a month. In those two hours I went through electric chair twister side control and rubber guard transition which was bit difficult.
    I am physically doing bjj but my heart stays with 10th planet grate that I have somewhere to learn the and place to practice as my bjj gym its bit difficult still peoples ego is there and I had to slap on 10th planet sub like undercover but good think is my instructor don't put much attention to me as I am white belt so I have avoided truble so far.
    10th planet to go
    from happy ailian
    It was a pleasure to have you around Shin It's always nice to meet people as passionate as you about the system!
    "Never go full retard"

want to grade in 10th planet system if possible. I be happy when I am tapping people at my gym with the 10th planet sub.
    Will go head to see that happen.

I just hope bjj ego doesn't affect me at gym.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    I have some family that has lived in Auckland off and on for the past few years. I hope to make it over to visit myself sometime soon.

Shin80, just a piece of unasked for advice if you'll indulge me. Ego seems to have already affected you at your gym but not how you think. Don't worry so much about 10th planet vs bjj vs fill-in-the-blank technique. The foundation of all grappling is good basics. Focus on that and your game will take off. Eddie came up in a traditional jiu jitsu system and his game developed just fine. For sure, play with all sorts of techniques but focus on the basics. The greatest thing about white belt is how much there is to learn and drill. Have fun with it and don't worry about the lines some people draw in the dirt.

Thank you for your comment. Yes I finally found some place where I can freely drill 10th planet style. Where in my gym when I drill some rubber guard or electric chair to vaporizer people give me a bad look. Like I shouldn't practice this in our gym.So I kinda have to hide and do what I want to practice. I think it's what all 10th planet people have to go through. Hopefully it will get better Some day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast