Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Thank you for this!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    Good call on the Movnat as well!!! great functional movement work!

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    My son has that book supple leopard. He is a kinesiology student at WSU . So I might have to look at it. This is cool stuff on those vids thanks. I can't wait to get started?
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Thanks again for this BMac, I've been putting this into my routine since the seminar. Helping my knee feel better since the pop while rolling.

Sean, KStar and Carl are great resources. I went to KStar's mobility cert a few years back and Carl did a portion of it.

Another good resource that I use for joint mobility is from Scott Sonnon, it's called intu flow and you can find it on youtube.

chris miah

Its such a huge part of combat and grappling, we have a Greco coach from Poland and most of his warm ups are all gymnastics based!

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    I've gotten heavily into the movement stuff as well. I have Kelly Starrett's book, bought some voodoo bands, watch a lot of his vids and incorporate it into our athlete training. I've even used some of it prefight to relieve a fighters joint pain and sent them in the cage fighting at a higher level. His shit is fucking magic.

Array

School
    Also, I don't talk about it a lot, but I was a "B-Boy" when it was cool the first time around. I grew real fast when I was young. I was 6 foot tall by the 6th grade. I was also very gangly, uncoordinated and nonathletic. In Jr. High, I get into breakin' really hard and heavy and it made me fluid, athletic and coordinated.

Years later, I was intrigued with Capoeira and added it to our gyms curriculum. A lot of the ground movements are very similar and there is a lot of gymnastic type movements as well.

Further, having the bulk of my training with Erik Paulson, he used to be very big into gymnastic warm ups due to his gymnast background and gymnastics being a staple of many of the old time catch-wrestlers.

So, now I pass a lot of this on to my students to try to inspire them into developing their bodies through all these movement skill sets as well.

Array

School
    One more thing about movement...

When I was training with Erik, I felt that I was catching up to his level. I was threatening him more, reversing him more, making him fight out of stuff more when I would host him for a seminar or go to one. Then, a few months passed and we trained again and he seemed to be leaps and bounds ahead of me again. I talked to him about it and he introduced me to his movement drills he was doing on the ground bag. This is when he was just trying to develop the "motion master"/"gator bag" and the movement drills on it. He told me how he had been doing these movement drills like crazy and they really did make a huge difference.

So, again, I'm a BIG believe in movement training in all it's forms. It works. Ground bags, stability balls, gymnastics, breaking, etc. Put the time in and reap the rewards!!

Great thread, Bmac!!

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    This kinda stuff has fascinated me ever since hearing Eddie talk about having complete control of your body like a break dancer on 1 of the MTS episodes when Nate Orchard and Geo Martinez got their black belts. I find that if I have any spare time and I'm not watching MTS or jits related stuff, I try to see what ways I can move, how gracefully I can move in that way and try picture how exactly certain movements will help me out of certain situations in jiu jitsu. Great videos, thanks for sharing, bro!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    Thanks for posting. I like looking for new ways to improve my movement.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast