Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

Good drills to drill during knee injury?

Alright, lads/ladies! Anyone know any jits drills to do with a knee injury. I went to a striking class for the first time in a few weeks yesterday, ended up colliding knees with one of the guys and now I've got this balloon for a knee cap. (Exaggerated but still swollen as fuck.) Can't bend my left leg too much but still, need some safe jits time. Granbys are a definite I'd say and kimura from guard drills. (I like to fake that kimura and when they defend, slide the leg up for a triangle or go for reverse spiderweb from there.)

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    Alright, lads/ladies! Anyone know any jits drills to do with a knee injury. I went to a striking class for the first time in a few weeks yesterday, ended up colliding knees with one of the guys and now I've got this balloon for a knee cap. (Exaggerated but still swollen as fuck.) Can't bend my left leg too much but still, need some safe jits time. Granbys are a definite I'd say and kimura from guard drills. (I like to fake that kimura and when they defend, slide the leg up for a triangle or go for reverse spiderweb from there.)
    i would say do as much related to this thread as you can. back bridging should be ok for you, anything ido portal or capoeira related, especially if it is dynamic. i would say increasing mobility will help more than any specific techniques.

the knee injury might help simplify your game a bit too since it will limit excessive movement if you consider what would irritate it (of course this isn't always true though)

technical standups or shadow wrestling could be an option too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    B Mac had knee surgery and I'm pretty sure he just escaped side control on one side for weeks. He can clarify.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    B Mac had knee surgery and I'm pretty sure he just escaped side control on one side for weeks. He can clarify.
    yep. kept the bad leg elevated from bottom side. did a lot of shrimping. only drilled with people i trusted.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Its a contusion/hemotoma. Just ice it and take nsaids. Bad injuries come from twisting and meniscal/ligament damage. 5 days and you're good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Bobby is right. You probably ruptured one of the bursa sacs in your knee. Hurts like crazy, but you will be fine.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Yeah 2 days in and I can bend my knee fully already, still just a bit sore to walk on but nothing major. Thanks for all the comments, all helpful!