Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao

UFC 123 discussion

Stacked card! Thoughts or predictions anyone?

MAIN CARD
    •Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Lyoto Machida
    •Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn
    •Joe Lauzon vs. George Sotiropoulos
    •Tim Boetsch vs. Phil Davis
    •Maiquel Falcao vs. Gerald Harris

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    •Matt Brown vs. Brian Foster
    •Mark Munoz vs. Aaron Simpson

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)
    •Dennis Hallman vs. Karo Parisyan
    •Edson Barboza vs. Mike Lullo
    •Paul Kelly vs. T.J. O'Brien
    •Nik Lentz vs. Tyson Griffin

I'm glad to see Karo back, I hope he's back to his old form again. His Judo throws are a thing of beauty. I look to see Sotiropoulos tear up Lauzon, Joe will say he cheated either way. Mark Munoz vs. Aaron Simpson should be a good fight both have phenominal wrestling and the ability to finish fights. I'm pulling for BJ but his bout with Hughes is a tough call. I think Lyoto will kick the crap out of Jackson's leg and use his footwork and his ability to move in and out to prevent damage, Machida by decision.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Machida wins by Decision
    Dick Head Hughes wins by Decision
    George Sots wins by TKO

Karo Parisyan will pull out of the fight before the weigh ins....I'll give it 3 to 1 odds.

Array

School
    Infinite MMA Australia
    I see George catching Joe in the first!
    Machida has to many tools that Rampage has no answer for, Machida stops Jackson in the 3rd.
    BJ vs Hughes (i agree with you andrew, tough call!) BJ wins via TKO.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Rampage, BJ, Sots, Davis, Harris, Brown Munoz, Hallman, my Boy LULLO by Invisible Collar(Hopefully), Kelly, Griffin

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Machida wins by Decision
    Dick Head Hughes wins by Decision
    George Sots wins by TKO

Karo Parisyan will pull out of the fight before the weigh ins....I'll give it 3 to 1 odds.
    lmfao! I won't take those odds cause you're probably right

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    penn
    rampage
    george (un biased i swear)

this is already looking like its going to be one of the best cards of the year
    cant wait!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I love rampage and machida for different reasons, but i think Machida is too technical for Rampage. Rampage's only hope is to get inside and just keep moving forward.. but thats REALLY hard to do against such an illusive guy like machida.

Penn vs Hughes.. I say this one comes down to who has trained harder, and i have no idea what either of their routines are like. If Hughes can work his wrestling at top notch, he should win this by decision. If penn can work his boxing or jiujitsu matt wont make it to the end. It just depends on which Matt/Penn shows up to the fight. If they both come in at full potential.. I'm going to go with Penn, but its hard picturing Penn the way he used to be. (If i had to bet, i guess i'd go with penn)

Joe Lauzon vs. George Sotiropoulos.. I havent followed Joe a ton but from what ive seen he seems to like to take people down and ground and pound. I havent really watched much of his stand up unless you count jens pulver, but that wasnt enough to really see his skill. But i would guess that George has good enough standup to beat him on their feet, and good enough jiujitsu to stop any real damage coming his way on the ground. (if not submit Joe), So i would say George on this one.

Tim Boetsch vs. Phil Davis - I think tim has some heavy hands.. but he is WAY to slow. I think phil can either beat him on their feet with just his speed, or take him down at will. The only way i see tim winning is Phil getting cocky and being stupid and letting Tim catch him with a big shot.

Maiquel Falcao vs. Gerald Harris - wow.. i cant wait for this fight.. its just one of those perfect style matchups. We can pretty much guarantee Falcao will come out swinging and not stop. Though harris isnt a joke standing up either. But i expect Falcao to come out swinging, Harris to naturally fall onto his wrestling and take him down, and Harris will finish it there from the top. Either way this isnt going to decision though.

Matt Brown vs. Brian Foster.. bleh, not super excited about this fight. Brian seems to be a little timid when it comes to fighting. He likes to stay really far outside and when it gets close run back out. Where as Brown seems to like the close clinch game and more of a dirty boxer. though im not really impressed with it. But.. id say itll be good enough to beat Brian. So i'll say Matt wins this Via ref stoppage (i dount he'll REALLY knock him out)

Mark Munoz vs. Aaron Simpson.. I'm going to be honest, i dont know enough about either of them to make an educated guess. So i'll just take a wild stab in the dark and say Munoz.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I can't wait to watch the Tim Boetsch vs Phil Davis fight.

Boetsch is an alumnus from my school (Lock Haven University) and I watched Davis wrestle at Penn State (which is only 30 mins away from Lock Haven).

Rampage vs Lyoto:

Rampage will come out strong, but lose confidence after a few crisp straight counter punches. Look for Rampage to try some takedowns and get stuffed. He will probably get picked apart all night and gas out in the 3rd. I could see him running into one of Lyotos knees to the body and going down.

Lyoto by TKO rd 3.

Penn vs Hughes:
    I give Hughes the mental edge, coming off a big win over Almeida, while Penn lost two straight. Penn will out box Hughes early, and stuff his take downs, swinging the confidence to his side. If Hughes gets a takedown in round 1 or 2, look for Penn to submit him. If it goes to the 3rd, Penn is suspect to gassing and GnP.

Penn by triangle late rd 1.

Sots vs Lauzon:

Both confident and coming off big wins, look for Lauzon to come hard and fast again while Sots is patient. I predict Sots lands a hard punch to the head of Lauzon, knocks him down and drains his confidence. I think both guys have too good of defense to get subbed, so I see Sots dominating and grinding another decision.

Sots by dominat UD

Boetsch vs Davis:

Davis gets takedowns at will and dominates positions throughout the fight.

Davis by UD

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    lmfao! I won't take those odds cause you're probably right
    You should've took that bet! Karo Parisyan might fight!! WAR GEORGE SOTIROPOULOS!!!