Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Leg attacks shouldn't really be a concern as long as your aware of them. As soon as he opens his guard you should be out (I usually go track star here and then re-engage) .
    I'm aware of sharks when I surf but I'm still concerned when I see them...foot locks hurt lol

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    I'm aware of sharks when I surf but I'm still concerned when I see them...foot locks hurt lol
    They don't hurt as long as your the one applying them. Be the shark

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    I'm still trying to be the ball...sports metaphors are so confusing.

But on the real I need to walk the next day at work or my kids don't eat. Break my arm I'm still good. Break my foot and shit gets real so I tap fast if you even look at my foot.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thanks for all this guys, been doing tons of research on all the links and types of pass you suggested.

Brandon's seems the most technical and logical to me.

I found some drills by Sean Bollinger in MTS episode 25: You Know How 10 Cruise.

These drills are at:
    13:43 – Guard Passing Drill w/ Sean Bollinger
    44:36 – Hand in the Back Pocket Guard Passing Drill

What I notice is that in sparring and matches Marcelo Garcia almost always uses the pass Sean shows at 44:36. The ones he shows on the DVDs and on his MGIA site he very rarely uses (couldn't find much footage at all, in fact). Strangely though, I couldn't find many videos of Marcelo actually teaching the drill at 44:36, despite seeming to use it primarily.

Just wondering why you guys think this might be. Is it because he thinks it is only for absolute elite people (i.e. a novice is likely to get swept as they attempt it), is it because they are dangerous, I'm not sure why he wouldn't teach his go-to move, that is all

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I'd probably have to make a vid of it and just show it but I'll try my best to describe it. I have a guard pass from the knees, that's basically a cartwheel. I'll sometimes come up on one foot briefly for momentum but I throw myself (like a twister roll) motion torwards the side of choice and it seperates his legs almost forcing him into a boston crab. If you scramble quick enough you can sometimes get the back also. I've used this pass for years and seems to work well.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    I'd probably have to make a vid of it and just show it but I'll try my best to describe it. I have a guard pass from the knees, that's basically a cartwheel. I'll sometimes come up on one foot briefly for momentum but I throw myself (like a twister roll) motion torwards the side of choice and it seperates his legs almost forcing him into a boston crab. If you scramble quick enough you can sometimes get the back also. I've used this pass for years and seems to work well.
    Defo need to film it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123