Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Renzo Gracie vs. Matt Hughes in supefight at ADCC world championship

Renzo Gracie and Matt Hughes fought at UFC 122 in Abu Dhabi on April 10, 2010. Now the pair are going to meet again for a grappling superfight in the Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championship in Manaus, Brazil, in Sept.

"It’s a done deal," Gracie told Guilherme Cruz for MMAFighting. "Matt asked to compete again at the ADCC and they offered me this wonderful fight. I wasn’t expecting for this, but I immediately accepted it."

"Let’s do this again. Every time I have a chance to compete, I’m in. I can’t say now. He fought there before, he’s really tough. It’s going to be a great fight."

Renzo is a two-time gold medalist at the event, and Superfight veteran. Hughes competed in the event in 2000, beating Ricardo Almeida and Jeremy Horn, and losing to Jeff Monson and Tito Ortiz.

Hughes will be training for the event at Ricardo Liborio's ATT headquarters in Coconut Creek, FL. Renzo will presumably prepare at his academy in Manhattan.

Each expressed the highest respect for the other, via Twitter.

Matt Hughes @matthughes9x
    My brother @RenzoGracieBJJ I won't let the cat out of the bag, but let's go have a good time with this!!!

Renzo_Gracie_BJJ @RenzoGracieBJJ
    My brother @matthughes9x always a honor to sweat with U in the arena. Thank U

Array

School
    PARA BELLUM BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU ACADEMY; ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
    Both great guys.. I think youth will play a big role in this fight.. so logically I have to go with Matt Hughes, since he is some years younger than Renzo.. But my heart wants that Renzo wins

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Wow. Legendary warriors are obligated to respect one another... This is gonna be super exciting.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Matt by that modified katagatame he used on Almeida.

Both guys have old school styles. I think it will be interesting to watch.