Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kiernan View Post
    So it looks like you got these images from here: http://www.usjf.com/public/rank_requirement.pdf from USJF.

In the first picture it shows Junior Black Belt having the exact same rank for "conversion" as Senior Black Belts. As in Junior Black Belts are Senior Black Belts.

The rest of the document also says that the minimum age for Shodan or 1st degree black belt is 14 years old.

The issue here is that you said you cannot attain senior ranks in Judo at all as a youth.
    No I didn't say that, I said "In judo children cannot get adult ranks as their are age restrictions. This is set up by the National governing bodies in Judo, your sensei is mistaken. There is a transfer system in place (equivalency structure) that when they age in a "promotion" can take place."

When they age is NOT "cannot attain senior ranks in Judo at all " its when they age in as listed in each org.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    No I didn't say that, I said "In judo children cannot get adult ranks as their are age restrictions.
    Ok, so senior rank = adult rank right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ok, so senior rank = adult rank right?

Yes, however you are clearly missing the point where I said they can "age in" which is what the rank transfer charts are for. I didn't say a specific age because they vary depending on the org, which is why I posted both of the USJA's and the USJF's rank transfer charts.

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Ok, I am satisfied with having proven that some Judo organizations allow kids to rank into adult ranks. And that some allow a transfer from child ranks to a comparable adult rank.

Why not have a system like this for youth BJJ and 10th Planet BJJ in particular?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    BJJ does have it through the IBJJF, however I don't know how they handle it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    As IBJJF is corrupt as fuck we have zero interest in working with them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ok, I am satisfied with having proven that some Judo organizations allow kids to rank into adult ranks. And that some allow a transfer from child ranks to a comparable adult rank.

Why not have a system like this for youth BJJ and 10th Planet BJJ in particular?
    They can transfer when they are the appropriate age to become a senior, which makes them no longer juniors/children in the eye of that particular national governing body.

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    As IBJJF is corrupt as fuck we have zero interest in working with them.
    Well we certainly don't need to. Does not mean we could not do something similar.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    10p Burbank has an excellent kids program, if you have any questions about kids 10p ranks contact Kim Ferguson
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Thanks Eddie. I checked this out and their system seems cool.

Jiu Jitsu Belt Promotions

Everyone starts out as a white belt in the kids Jiu Jitsu program (unless transferring from another school, in which case they will be evaluated for the appropriate belt rank when joining our school). Throughout their training, the kids have the potential to earn the following belt ranks:

White, Grey, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue

JJ Belts

If they get all the way up to their blue belt (around age 16), they will be officially ranked as a blue belt in Adult Jiu Jitsu (world-wide). At each belt, there are four stripes that must be earned to progress to the next belt. The time-frame it takes to achieve stripes and belts is dependent on many different factors, such as frequency of training, aptitude, effort put into training, whether or not the student competes in tournaments, etc. Everyone is on their own journey in their jiu jitsu careers. Belt promotions happen as frequently as the instructors feel necessary, but generally take place every couple of months. As with all our other programs, belts are truly earned, and your child will feel confident and successful in the belts they earn!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456