Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Ince View Post
    Chicago has a landmark fem competitor, arguably our top fighter. Say this, days when she's training pajama party elsewhere; my exp isn't optimized. AK-47... fackin reem, genuine article #MidwestMonsters #KonichiwaBitches
    The realist shit Eva said

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    My first Judo coach was a woman and she was very up front about training with girls. I didn't want to randori with her daughter one day and just phoned the roll in. She pulled me aside and gave me an earbeating about always being the best damn training partner I could and how treating a partner differently just because of gender was disrespectful and a waste of what could have been a good training session for them. She told me that by going easy or letting the girl win I was being a bad training partner who wasn't forcing her to really use technique and leverage, and that my lack of real resistance could end up getting someone hurt if the first time she really had to try was in real life. Ever since then, other than obvious things like hand placement, I've never rolled a girl any different than a guy.

I do get a kick out of guys who roll like the dude in the video. Pretty sure if all schools had cameras over the mats we'd have hours of actual footage like that to watch and laugh at.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have no idea wtf Josey just said.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I have no idea wtf Josey just said.
    Neither did we. Lol

I didn't get it at first either. Allow me to translate.

Chicago has a landmark fem competitor, arguably our top fighter.
    Self explanatory

Say this, days when she's training pajama party elsewhere; my exp isn't optimized.
    The day's when she's training gi, he is lonely on the mats.

AK-47... fackin reem, genuine article #MidwestMonsters #KonichiwaBitches
    She's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    ...treating a partner differently just because of gender was disrespectful and a waste of what could have been a good training session for them.
    This. Don't waste my time by going easy.

And I don't know if guys I roll with are worried about coppin a feel or think I'm going to get offended. I can tell you that unless you are acting like a straight up creeper, I don't give a shit if a hand grazes my boob. I assume you wouldn't be crotch grabbing a female anymore than you would be on a dude, but technically I don't really know. Is that a thing? Crotch grabs? I might be missing out. I need to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12