Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roger Gracie Triangle Escape?

I saw it mentioned on a Ryan Hall instructional, from what I gather it starts when you push your trapped-across-the-body hand further across and put the elbow of that arm on the floor. What can/should you do next though?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Ummmmmmm that seems really dangerous. I'd like to see the technique demonstrated.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    If you are the guy caught in the triangle you put both of your elbows on the floor and kind of slide your whole base towards the side your elbows are on, this rotates your opponents hips to the point that they can't finish the triangle. This gives you a chance to regain blood flow, from there I twist back and explode back towards them to break their legs open. whatever you do you have to do it before they take mounted triangle.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I saw it mentioned on a Ryan Hall instructional, from what I gather it starts when you push your trapped-across-the-body hand further across and put the elbow of that arm on the floor. What can/should you do next though?
    Pass out?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Dustin Porier vs Korean Zombie. It works. Took some wicked elbows though.

I use this ONLY if posturing isn't possible. Take the arm that isn't trapped and grab the inside of the femur. Dig past the flesh and grab the bone. Rotate with your shoulder girdle to gain the leverage to pry his tri open.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Are you talking about this escape? This has been my go-to triangle escape since I saw it from Dean. I was never successful at getting my posture back once it was broken in the triangle, but I have a lot of success with this escape.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    Are you talking about this escape? This has been my go-to triangle escape since I saw it from Dean. I was never successful at getting my posture back once it was broken in the triangle, but I have a lot of success with this escape.

^This is whats up. Also, the other escapes Dean shows in that three video series that the above is one of...

Thanks guys. From what you told me here and some subsequent googling, as far as I gather, this is probably Dean's escape but maybe with the elbow on the floor rather than on the opponent's body.
    Here's a pic from a sherdog thread of what Ryan was calling the RG escape-
    rogergraciedefense.jpg

And here's DP vs Zombie, 19:40:
    http://bashtube.ru/video/frame/937f1...4a370a7af.html
    He didn't grab behind the thigh though, the free arm was fully occupied

I also found what seems to be a gi variation of what we're talking about here -
    http://bjjr.ru/techniques/intheguard...e/_default.htm

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It works great. You just need giant balls to try it, and even then you gotta be willing to get through the "this crap don't work" phase.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Occasionally some guys have long enough legs to keep the squeeze on, but most can't keep it locked up at the angle. One of the main reasons I like it is because you don't need to worry about fighting to keep your arm on the other side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast