Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Richmond
    Gogo clinch is scary good. Will be drilling lots and lots of it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ledoux View Post
    If there's a mounted go-go, could there be a mounted go-go clinch? To isosceles?
    probably not. I just cant see the point of it when the control is good already. with teh hands free you can base better and keep on top. and clinching up so much would stop a lot of option imo such as monoplata omoplata series which flow beautifully from here.

Array

School
    London
    Just finished watching for third time. Such an important video! My BIG takeaway has been SIZE. I'm 148, most of my rolls are against 170-185 pounders. They are tough to get omaplata finishes and Electric Chairs, but I've been so stubborn in my thinking. Thank you Master Eddie, I have fresh eyes on this.

Array

School
    London
    At 1:37 when he's trapped in the haze-leg...it looks just like Sonnens "mma saddle" except instead of ankle-knee-hip it's wrist-elbow-shoulder immobilization. Look at how committed to the right hip Eddie is, almost never lies flat in the entire path from Stomp to finish. So much great content in this episode!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Remember, if your opponent hides the transition to the hazelett or hazeleg, you must go after the Gogo at the same time looking out for the triangle. Always be ready to hit the triangle
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    was working on it last night and i realised that the clinch really makes the difference. Just wondering though, when you have the meathook you just lift the foot over into gogo clinch instead of doing a kung fu move right? i dont know if it would make a difference either way but it just seems to be what ive been seeing.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    was working on it last night and i realised that the clinch really makes the difference. Just wondering though, when you have the meathook you just lift the foot over into gogo clinch instead of doing a kung fu move right? i dont know if it would make a difference either way but it just seems to be what ive been seeing.
    There are a few ways to hit the Kung fu move from the meat hook. The one I show on mts is shigeki's version. But I have a different one now that I will show on next mts, plus a couple more amazing options off the Gogo clinch, Denny's favorite option the "300 choke", and a double bag off the Gogo clinch called "death from below". Yalls gonna trip. There's at least 8 deadly submissions off the Gogo clinch including the Lodgoplata & Frodoplata
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    So a dude I was rolling with tonight defended the gogo by forcing me into jiu claw before I could get the gogo clinch. It was easy to go to perp jc from there, but I'd prefer the clinch. Any thoughts?
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    So a dude I was rolling with tonight defended the gogo by forcing me into jiu claw before I could get the gogo clinch. It was easy to go to perp jc from there, but I'd prefer the clinch. Any thoughts?
    Were you in half guard or butterfly? more importantly where was your non rubber guard leg? I've been toying with the idea of a carni kind of idea until you want to get into gogo clinch. I've found it easy enough to get my leg out afterwards but I can see someone who knows what is coming could trap the leg and stop you from getting into the proper control/hazelett etc.

the typical thing to say would be work on your clinch and make it tighter. or possibly make sure you stay on your side. the other part of it is getting your foot over into gogo clinch quicker. ive found when i get the leg over it makes it harder for them to move. try turning your hips more as well which can put more pressure on their shoulder and make it harder to turn.

good luck dude.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    There are a few ways to hit the Kung fu move from the meat hook. The one I show on mts is shigeki's version. But I have a different one now that I will show on next mts, plus a couple more amazing options off the Gogo clinch, Denny's favorite option the "300 choke", and a double bag off the Gogo clinch called "death from below". Yalls gonna trip. There's at least 8 deadly submissions off the Gogo clinch including the Lodgoplata & Frodoplata

thanks heaps, sounds super amazing. Cant wait to see the additions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast