Had his back with hooks in and "POP!!!" goes my knee...

I took his back (belly down) and he turtled up. I got over/under control and both hooks in deep. I pushed my hips forward and heels back to elevate his legs and had victory in sight. He wrapped his leg (calf) across my shin, hooking my foot, and moved it out to the side. I felt three pops on the inside of my knee before I even realized it was in danger.

The advice I got so far was: Point your toes so he can't hook your foot. Don't go deep hooks, just keep the heels by his hips. Don't go for hooks, just put your feet on his hips. If I had realized what he was doing, I would have bailed on that one hook, lockdown my legs on his other leg, and go to truck.

Have you guys seen this before? What do you do to stop getting a blown knee?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Man, I'm sorry to hear about this

I think people expose their feet to problems like this a lot without realizing it. Turning your feet to the outside can be dangerous in many situations if you allow pressure to be applied. The end of your foot is a lever to your knee. Turning your feet to the outside basically puts your feet in the inverted heel hook position. Any pressure applied from that position can be troublesome.

Heal up soon, man.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site