Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Is 10th Planet finally respected?

I started repping 10th Planet in 06/07 and over the years I've noticed the response gyms would give when you told them you were a Nibiru Warrior. We've all shared our descrimination stories here and this has always been a place for us to vent. It finally seems however, especially after Metamoris, that we are respected. Is anyone else here starting to feel the love? We may be the cousin nobody likes but are we finally a part of the jiu jitsu family?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Absolutely, not at all, and some are on the fence. It's the same it's always been. But I'd say the respect is definitely at the highests it's ever been. The denial is at it's highest. And those that are on the fence are a lot more open minded. 10th is having it's best year ever.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    For example, the last school I trained at was Brazilian top team. One of their recently promoted black belts only had positive things to say about 10th planet. He was saying how in the end, it's all jiu jitsu and it's only going to help make everyone better. And the head no gi instructor was very agreeable with that point. And I've never felt any sort of odd tension for showing up in my Team Empire shirts. Just a warm welcome, lets roll, let's help each other get better. So yeah man. I think at this point, most places give 10th planet its props. Some are skeptical and just need to see more guys crushing it (which each year that number keeps growing), and some guys are always going to be in denial because they follow BJJ cults.

And yes, BJJ cult mentality is a real thing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think it's getting there. Although there will always be the diehard haters
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    true, it hasn`t changed for me neither. I haven`t seen a difference. I feel like if I get my rubberguard togeather without messing my knee up I can convince them. It is a bit harder when your a lighter weight though.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Absolutely, not at all, and some are on the fence. It's the same it's always been. But I'd say the respect is definitely at the highests it's ever been. The denial is at it's highest. And those that are on the fence are a lot more open minded. 10th is having it's best year ever.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Better than it used to be. People in denial for years are getting their beliefs majorly put in check this year with everything thats happened. Along with the forever die hard haters are the instructors filled with insecurity that try their best to keep it out of their gym. They'll be around forever, forcing new and old practitioners to sharpen their game the best they can so they dont have to hear crap

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I feel like some people are def more open minded to it now, when I first started jitsu in 2010-2011 alot of people were confused why I wanted to learn the Truck Lockdown and RG so much (granted part of it being how bad I was and fresh out of the water didn't help either). But since even before MEtamorsis as I started to hit the Truck and EC more often people started to open their eyes (I'm one of the few Ronins around where I train, not many others play it as much). After Metamorsis one of my instructors joked about how I was a fan of EC before the PPV ha ha.

BUt yeah, I agree with the above there'll always be some haters, and that's part of what drives me at least sometimes.

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    The more badass competitors 10p has, the more the world will recognize. Not to mention the sheer number of 10p schools world wide, its hard to argue 10p isn't a force.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Im still not convinced

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I think its gotten way better. Awarenes in general of 10p is at an altime high, and thats a great thing. And we are gonna keep going up from here! Jouban, Ben Saunders, boogie, and a bunch of guys comming up. Watch out for cristobal chavez and andy from El Paso!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast