Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    Not so much i'm worried about getting hurt and not continuing with training. Its my normal life the 8-5 i work and the thought of getting hurt and losing my job cause i cant do what needs to be done kind of thing, Having 3 kids and all those adult things called bills just never really thought of it I guess til that happened. Now i understand that something could happen on the way to work outside of my control thats just life, but to willing but my self in situations that could possibly result in injury is a weird idea if you really think about it.
    The only thing keeping me out of fighting MMA is the risk of breaking my hand again for the 5th time, or taking more punches to the head thats the reason I stopped playing hockey (Fighting). There was too much risk with very little reward at that time. Brian injuries are bad, but like anything especially when you get KO'd you'll come back. Your chin may not be 100% but you'll be OK. I'd be more concerned if you were boxing and just repeatedly taking punches to the skull.

Take a few weeks off from stuff and take care of your concussion, treat it as if the commission suspended you for 90 days no contact. Start riding the bike, and running when your head gets better, but the sooner you get back on the horse the better off you'll be

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Getting kicked in the head is bad for you. Your brain is made of complex chemicals and circuits . Do you want to talk like Jake Lamotta and Muhammad Ali when you get older? Maybe put on some headgear or just do some combo sparring.
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    I think a lot of it comes down to personality. Of course after coming off an injury you have to be careful. However, past that the majority of it is in your own head. I have broken my ribs, recently popped my knee (possibly torn lcl) and I cannot wait to get back in the grind. I come to class hobbling and still want to try and train.

I have trouble letting things fully heal because I want in so badly and can't stand to just sit around. If you are worried about going back, ask yourself why? Do you feel its gonna happen again so you are reluctant? Maybe come back and train head kick defense until your confidence is up that it wont repeat, but I think the hang up is mental. Once your body can handle it again, no reason to stay on the sideline.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Tussin
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    RSO pills too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12