Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I don't always hit this perfect version of the 5.0 sweep, but I am always looking to trap an arm behind your back regardless of the position we are in. If you are mounted on me and get too careless, I will try to trap your arm behind your back and bump and roll. Especially from half guard though, I'm always looking to trap the arm. Even if I don't get the sweep directly from it, it still causes you to think about it and defend while I'm already going elsewhere.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    My main setup for the 5.0 grip is when they guy initially grips my wrist for the kimura. I shoot my arm(the one being grabbed) straight towards his open hip while simultaneously reaching around his back to connect my hands. I do this from half guard as well as lockdown and sometimes set it up from a more traditional half-guard and then work my way backwards to lockdown for the higher percentage sweep. I've been using this since I was a white belt because I was getting kimura'd a lot and then came upon that it was already in the system and have developed it a bit further. I use the kimura as bait for it all the time now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    I'm pretty sure there's video of me hitting it in a match a few years ago if what I wrote didn't make sense.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I grab the 5.0 grip from every position I can. Looking forward to seeing your write up.

Anybody else 5.0 the far arm from Whip Up rather than the near arm from Whip Down?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    I grab the 5.0 grip from every position I can. Looking forward to seeing your write up.

Anybody else 5.0 the far arm from Whip Up rather than the near arm from Whip Down?
    I definitely snatch it up from there too. I also grab it when the person turns and tries to twister pass.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Love the 5.0 sweep!! use it all the time!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Chicago
    My preference from Lockdown is either the Boa Sweep or Old School. I've found 5-0 presents itself most when I'm having trouble getting off my back and onto my side, especially when the top person is trying to kimura/Amerikana me from inside my Lockdown. If they go for my arm I try to switch it on them and isolate their arm so that I can then get onto my opposite side and execute the 5-0 sweep. That's just been my experience, I rarely ever purposely try to set it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12