Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Socks! :(

Socks! :(

Can any of you recommend a good pair of socks for jj. I need some for the winter period due to a medical condition and wanted some recommendations from those of you that use or have used them in the past.

Thanks for taking the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Have you ever considered any pair of thin socks under some ankle supports? May keep them in place better

Thanks for the reply Stan. Yeah i have tried. Still losing them. Tried taping also but that didn't last either.

I've looked at some that have been specifically design for mma/jj/wrestling but in the reviews most say that they lose the dimpling on the sole and become slippy.

I'm not particularly keen on the idea of wearing socks but unfortunately it's a must if i want to stay healthy.

I wear http://www.jacoclothing.com/mens/app...cks-black.html with an ankle sleeve over the top. I bought four pair last November and 3 pair are still in good shape 1 needs replacing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    That jaco link is the best thing I've seen for Connecticut winter jiu-jitsu at a school that sometimes the owner "forgets" to turn on the heat.

Thanks for the replies. I've had a look at the jaco earlier and they look pretty good. Just wanted to hear from those of you that use them so i don't end up wasting my money.

Array

School
    Kraken BJJ, Colorado Springs
    How about wearing wrestling shoes? I know that puts a target on your ankle, but they feel comfortable and keep your feet warm. When ever I take my shoes off, my socks are soaked. I prefer barefoot but if you gotta to stay healthy, do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by JiuJitsuJunkie420 View Post
    How about wearing wrestling shoes? I know that puts a target on your ankle, but they feel comfortable and keep your feet warm. When ever I take my shoes off, my socks are soaked. I prefer barefoot but if you gotta to stay healthy, do it.
    Yup that's what I do

I've order a couple pairs of the jacos. If they don't workout i'll have a look at the wrestling shoes. TBH i didn't even think of wearing some footwear.

Thanks again

These are good - you can grip with your toes!

Www.Toesox.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast