Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield

Wrong way lockdown

Is weaving the legs the wrong way (inside out) frowned upon? I find that sometimes I have had to do this in order to "wait" to weave it the right way (outside in). I can play regular half, I know, until I get the lockdown, but I'm just curious as to what is recommended and what you do, too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    No nothing wrong with it. You just have different attacks
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    You wouldn't want to get into a habit working it that way inspite of working regular lockdown, so its severely limited in comparison with lockdown- but there is some access to a calf slicer from there and you can regain some control by clinching the leg the way you describe so its certainly isn't something you should never do.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Pretty soon I'm going to be working that position experimentally. I feel like there is potential there.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    nothing in they way of the opponent swinging his foot under his butt and hiding it, thus making future lockdown more work.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    If I'm having trouble getting the lockdown, I've found that it's easier for me to make a little space and then stomp down with my inside leg so that my outside leg can cross.

But I'm super curious about this wrong-way lockdown, I've found myself asking the same question! I feel like it might be easier to turn onto my side but haven't been able to test it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    nothing in they way of the opponent swinging his foot under his butt and hiding it, thus making future lockdown more work.
    This is very true, although 2 things: one, sometimes that hook is strong; and two, the opponent more likely than not "REALIZE" the lockdown is lockdowned the wrong way. lol

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    I'm thinking: wrong way lockdown to slow armdrag. So even if they do hide their leg from the lockdown, their back is exposed and I have one hook in. This could lead to back takes, truck entries, and swim moves. I'm going to experiment with it and report back. LOL.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I'm thinking: wrong way lockdown to slow armdrag. So even if they do hide their leg from the lockdown, their back is exposed and I have one hook in. This could lead to back takes, truck entries, and swim moves. I'm going to experiment with it and report back. LOL.
    Please do, I was curious about the same options!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    It only works when the guy isn't crushing you down. If you establish a frame and butt scoot hard with the armdrag the sky is the limit. but for the most part if I'm gonna armdrag from half its gonna be ala Johnny Ho from Z guarch(Shield, 93 Guard)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast