Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Right after the snap I'm like "FUCK RUBBER GUARD IT'S NOT WORTH IT" oh okay, nevermind

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I knew it was fake the moment I laid eyes on it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I knew it was fake the moment I laid eyes on it.
    You barfed. Admit it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    God I keep hearing that sound now when watching jits videos. Thanks for that.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    You barfed. Admit it.
    It did make me nauseous, actually. But then, I was watching when Einstein snapped his tibia and fibula during wrestling practice. It made a similar sound, only louder and slightly deeper in tone. I'm not exaggerating. I had dreams about it and was hyperaware of my legs during practice for half a year afterwards.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I am actually recovering from this right now. Week 6 in a leg brace now, 2 to go hoping the ligament heals and tightens so it doesn't become chronic or require surgery. Mine popped while I was doing the Zombie, opponent on top did a quick move of pulling right arm back, like a back stroke and fell forward with leg shoulder at the same time. Knee went pop, skin stretched, felt sick to my stomach but didn't hurt much until about 4 hours later, then the next was like this is not good. Looking back, I probably should have abandoned my Zombie attempt and went another route against this much resistance. In MMA this would not be an issue because I could strike to get the hand to the mat instead. Is this movement possibly a way to block progress of someone's Mission Control ie backstroke with arm that is on knee side and shoulder drive into the forearm that holding the leg high creating enough force to pop the knee. I am not advocating popping knees but it appears to be there. Maybe I have too much time thinking about it and replaying it, just can't wait to get back on the mat. Any feedback so I don't do this again would be great.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    I still haven't clicked play... and I don't think I'm going to.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    I am actually recovering from this right now. Week 6 in a leg brace now, 2 to go hoping the ligament heals and tightens so it doesn't become chronic or require surgery. Mine popped while I was doing the Zombie, opponent on top did a quick move of pulling right arm back, like a back stroke and fell forward with leg shoulder at the same time. Knee went pop, skin stretched, felt sick to my stomach but didn't hurt much until about 4 hours later, then the next was like this is not good. Looking back, I probably should have abandoned my Zombie attempt and went another route against this much resistance. In MMA this would not be an issue because I could strike to get the hand to the mat instead. Is this movement possibly a way to block progress of someone's Mission Control ie backstroke with arm that is on knee side and shoulder drive into the forearm that holding the leg high creating enough force to pop the knee. I am not advocating popping knees but it appears to be there. Maybe I have too much time thinking about it and replaying it, just can't wait to get back on the mat. Any feedback so I don't do this again would be great.
    Well, now I feel like a real jerk.

Sorry to hear about your injury, man.

Usually if something gets stressed or injured from a position it's because you are pulling or pushing something that isn't meant to be pulled or pushed.

Most people put their focus into pulling the foot. This is a lever to the knee and forces it to bend in an unatural direction. Put your focus instead into pulling on your knee, which is a lever to your hip. The hip is designed to rotate and has muscle to stretch in this exact position.

Also, more on aide to create more angle and your flexibility becomes less and less of an issue.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Damn, man, u had me going there for a second. I am glad this is not real.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Well, now I feel like a real jerk.

Sorry to hear about your injury, man.

Usually if something gets stressed or injured from a position it's because you are pulling or pushing something that isn't meant to be pulled or pushed.

Most people put their focus into pulling the foot. This is a lever to the knee and forces it to bend in an unatural direction. Put your focus instead into pulling on your knee, which is a lever to your hip. The hip is designed to rotate and has muscle to stretch in this exact position.

Also, more on aide to create more angle and your flexibility becomes less and less of an issue.
    No worries, I did it to myself as you say by pulling on my leg too hard at a bad angle. I actually have really good flexibility which allowed my body to go too far. Angles play a huge role for sure, I learned the hard way exactly how far my leg will go lol. I can now confirm that you don't feel anything wrong until you have gone past the point of no return. The biggest reminder lesson this has been to me is to not force what I want to do but take what given to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast