Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ

FIVE - Illinois 2

Finally got approved for some vacation time at work! Pretty excited about competing (it's been a minute) & not to mention it'll be my first FIVE tournament. Heard a lot of good things about their tournaments, and road tripping is always a good time.

Hopefully I'll be bringing a Championship or 2 home under the 10th Planet Banner
    Woooooooooo!!!

Anyone else competing?
    Signed up for 170-189lbs. Purple Belt Gi (For more Mat Time) & Expert No-Gi

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I'll be doing Women's lightweight blue belt gi and expert no gi. I'm pretty sure we have a guy doing beginner flyweight and a few others are waiting to see if they feel good enough to compete after Gracie Worlds. We will have quite a few there watching in support though.

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    I'll be doing Women's lightweight blue belt gi and expert no gi. I'm pretty sure we have a guy doing beginner flyweight and a few others are waiting to see if they feel good enough to compete after Gracie Worlds. We will have quite a few there watching in support though.
    Awesome Amber! Look forward to meeting all of you

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Are you doing absolute? I'll be in the -189 intermediate, and absolute just for shits and giggles

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Are you doing absolute? I'll be in the -189 intermediate, and absolute just for shits and giggles
    You have to qualify for absolute. Make the podium and then you can sign up.

Array

School
    Ohhh. So placing at int. still qualifies?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    You have to qualify for absolute. Make the podium and then you can sign up.
    Also, I was thinking about checking out 10p Chicago next weekend. I live about 2 hours away, do Saturday classes usually have pretty good attendance?

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    Also, I was thinking about checking out 10p Chicago next weekend. I live about 2 hours away, do Saturday classes usually have pretty good attendance?
    I have competed the last 4 Saturdays and have not made it in for class but they are hit or miss depending on people's work schedules. If you let us know in advance if you are for sure coming in, I can spread the word and try to get more guys. We also do open mats on Sunday 3:30 (unless we get locked out of the office building our gym is in like we did today). Those have had good attendance lately, especially for the bigger guys around your size.

As for the tournament, if you make the podium in an intermediate division, you can compete in the intermediate absolute. Brett is doing expert so you won't go against him since he would be in expert absolute.

Array

School
    Yeah actually I remember talking to a couple guys from your gym at the combat corner tournament last weekend. I don't think there's any local tournaments until 5 the 18th so ya let me know if there's a good amount of people to train with next Saturday, if not I'll figure out another time or try to make it on a week night

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I'll put the word out that you are interested in coming in Saturday and see if we can get a good turn out. Eddie is coming on November 15th. You should keep that day free and come on by then too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast